Windows 10: transferring programs etal from W10 to w11

Discus and support transferring programs etal from W10 to w11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've purchased a new computer with W11 OS. My existing Computer is W10 OS. Is there a procedure that I can use to transfer my applications e.g.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by arejfour, Mar 8, 2022.

1. arejfour Win User

transferring programs etal from W10 to w11

I've purchased a new computer with W11 OS. My existing Computer is W10 OS. Is there a procedure that I can use to transfer my applications e.g. FireFox, Chrome, Mcafee, etc completely instead of reinstalling them in the new computer?

:)

arejfour, Mar 8, 2022

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 8, 2022
  3. bassmasta Win User
    transfer programs

wow, I didnt know there were programs for this. alot of them list the operating system as linux, though. does this mean they run on linux, or that they can only be used on a linux partition?

bassmasta, Mar 8, 2022
  4. idgat Win User

Activate W10 with W11 product key?

Understood. Then simply add ExplorerPatcher - keeps Win11 but as a look-a-like Win10. Saves all the hassles of a re-install.

Just try it first.

But, if you do decide to go down the W10 re-install path ..
    - image (Macrium Reflect) existing activated W11 installation just in acse things go pear-shaped
    - you shouldn't have to worry about a key anyway, if W11 is (was) activated, the installation of W10 should auto-activate accordingly.

idgat, Mar 8, 2022
Thema:

1. transferring programs etal from W10 to w11 - Similar Threads - transferring programs etal

2. Error when updating from W10 to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when updating from W10 to W11: Hi,My partner is trying to update from W10 to W11 and is getting the following error. Could you help me to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-updating-from-w10-to-w11/340ba777-63d0-4c2d-9982-7ef00a300feb
  3. Error when updating from W10 to W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when updating from W10 to W11: Hi,My partner is trying to update from W10 to W11 and is getting the following error. Could you help me to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-updating-from-w10-to-w11/340ba777-63d0-4c2d-9982-7ef00a300feb
  4. Error when updating from W10 to W11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to transfer W10 License to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer W10 License to W11: I have 2 W10 originally W7 licenses. For a reason I'll explain further on, instead of upgrading W10 to W11, I decided to buy a new W11, install it on both computers and later perform how? the activation on the second computer by giving the old license. I hope it should work...
  6. How to transfer W10 License to W11

How to transfer W10 License to W11: I have 2 W10 originally W7 licenses. For a reason I'll explain further on, instead of upgrading W10 to W11, I decided to buy a new W11, install it on both computers and later perform how? the activation on the second computer by giving the old license. I hope it should work...
  7. w10 start menu in w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    w10 start menu in w11: Is there any way that I can get start menu like w10 in w11 now? Not Start11 or StartAllBack, those apps only mess up things. It's been quite a while I run onto w11, but still, I am missing the start menu in w10 every day. Mainly because all my program folders are directly...
  8. transferring programs etal from W10 to w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transferring programs etal from W10 to w11: I've purchased a new computer with W11 OS. My existing Computer is W10 OS. Is there a procedure that I can use to transfer my applications e.g. FireFox, Chrome, Mcafee, etc completely instead of reinstalling them in the new computer?...
  9. Licensing from w10 to w11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Licensing from w10 to w11: Hi!I have a question regarding activation,I currently have windows 10 PRO activated with a Retail key, I do have the option to upgrade in my "settings > update&security" which I guess my key will be intact and windows 11 will be activated. My question is > What if I freshly...
  10. Licensing from w10 to w11

Licensing from w10 to w11: Hi!I have a question regarding activation,I currently have windows 10 PRO activated with a Retail key, I do have the option to upgrade in my "settings > update&security" which I guess my key will be intact and windows 11 will be activated. My question is > What if I freshly...