Windows 10: Transferring SDD with win10

Discus and support Transferring SDD with win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My NUC8i7 had a hardware problem. Replaced it with NUC10i7. while powering up with the same SDD and memory transffered from the old one, the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dannyreshef, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Transferring SDD with win10

My NUC8i7 had a hardware problem.

Replaced it with NUC10i7.

while powering up with the same SDD and memory transffered from the old one, the system request a recovery key.

I do not own such a key. Did not find any BitLocker key in my account.

Thae operating system was bought and installed online.

any advise how to avoid formating and reinstalling?

:)

dannyreshef, Sep 2, 2020

2. transfer windows 10 from hdd to sdd

Hello

I have a genuine licensed windows 10 installed on my computer HDD and I want to replace HDD with SDD. Is there any way to transfer genuine windows 10 from my computer HDD to a new SDD without voiding license?

THANK YOU!

ujjawalkumar4, Sep 2, 2020
  3. SDD and a HDD windows 10

I have Windows 10 installed on a 525gb SDD. I have a 1tb HDD that I'm using for my data. I've been reading a lot of conflicting tweaks to use on the SDD. Help!

1. Should I eliminate the swap on the SDD? I do a have a windows managed swap file on the HDD.

2. Should I turn off indexing on the SDD?

3. Should I turn off system restore on the SDD?

Most of the articles I've been reading have been a couple of years old. I know that the current SDDs are better but do these same tweaks apply now?

Any info and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

saturn7110x, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Transferring SDD with win10

Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Transferring SDD with win10

1. Transferring SDD with win10 - Similar Threads - Transferring SDD win10

2. SDD Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SDD Issue: I had a Ransomeware virus attatched to my pc and it turned off my secure DNS from google chrome. Wonder how i would turn it on i went on a youtube video and i didn't have the Folder with the Registry in the registry editor. I know how randomswore can attack and edit the...
  3. Windows 11 SDD 100% No Transfer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 SDD 100% No Transfer: My SSD has started to report 100% usage - but there is no disk activity and nothing being transferred. The system tends to hang / slow also as a result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-sdd-100-no-transfer/4bc5c03c-9069-4371-a6c0-989f5da26f53
  4. Windows 11 SDD 100% No Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 SDD 100% No Transfer: My SSD has started to report 100% usage - but there is no disk activity and nothing being transferred. The system tends to hang / slow also as a result https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-sdd-100-no-transfer/4bc5c03c-9069-4371-a6c0-989f5da26f53
  5. Transfer OS+files from HDD to SDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer OS+files from HDD to SDD?: Hi, I bought a new SSD 1TB to backup all my files from my old HDD 1TB. I want to transfer all my files and OS win10 from old hdd to new ssd. I used "Cocosenor Backup Tuner" program to do that and did. Now when I want to boot from my ssd it fails to identify windows!! My old...
  6. Windows transfer from HDD to SDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows transfer from HDD to SDD: Hi all! I recently built my first gaming pc with the help of some friends this past summer. However, like a complete fool, I put my OS and everything else I've downloaded since on the same HDD. I wanted to put my Windows OS on my new SSD that just came in. I've seen multiple...
  7. transfer windows 10 from hdd to sdd

transfer windows 10 from hdd to sdd: Hello I have a genuine licensed windows 10 installed in my computer HDD and I want to replace HDD with SDD. Is there any way to transfer genuine windows 10 from my computer hdd to new SDD without voiding license? THANK YOU!...
  8. So Transferring the OS from HDD to SDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So Transferring the OS from HDD to SDD: I'm at a complete loss I've got the new SSD m.2 installed its appearing in files, I just have no clue how I can transfer the OS over to the SSD from the HDD? submitted by /u/SubstantialAgency2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Win7 to Win10 Upgrade & HDD/SDD Replacement Upgrade

Win7 to Win10 Upgrade & HDD/SDD Replacement Upgrade: Dear Forum, Please find below my query. Any advice would be gratefully received - thanks in advance. Context: C1 I have a laptop ref: laptop A with a pre-installed version of Win7 Home Premium 64-Bit. C2 I seemingly have the product key for the Win 7 licence - it is...
  10. Transfer Win10 Pro

Transfer Win10 Pro: I have bought the 199USD Win10 Pro license. I was told if i get this more expensive license i could transfer the OS and isntall to another PC. This is what i want to do now. How can i remove the license from my current PC and set it to Win10 HOME again and transfer to...