Windows 10: Transferring sent video file to external thumb drive

Discus and support Transferring sent video file to external thumb drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A friend sent a video as an attachment to an email. He cautioned that the video is a huge file and recommended I transfer it to a thumb drive before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EORNOVA, Apr 17, 2020.

1. EORNOVA Win User

Transferring sent video file to external thumb drive

A friend sent a video as an attachment to an email. He cautioned that the video is a huge file and recommended I transfer it to a thumb drive before viewing. I have my Scandisk flash drive inserted in the PC USB Port. But I can't find instruction on how to transfer the data drom my PC to the external Flash Drive. Can someone help? Thank you

:)

EORNOVA, Apr 17, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Transfer a file to a thumb drive

Hi Michael,

Connect the USB Thumb drive

Right click the file you want to transfer and click 'Send to' - flash drive (that drive should be bottom of he 'Send to' list . . .

DaveM121, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Transfer a file to a thumb drive

How do I transfer an existing file to a thumb drive?

michael purtill, Apr 17, 2020
  4. djmonson Win User

DOS File Transfer Commands:

ok, that makes sense.

i'll try to find access to a regular external hard drive, cuz i need 31 GB's of files transfered.

my thumb drive isn't that big *Smile Transferring sent video file to external thumb drive :)

djmonson, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Transferring sent video file to external thumb drive - Similar Threads - Transferring sent video

2. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive transfer files to pc: Can someone please refer me to an easy reference to transfer music files from an external hard drive to my laptop with windows 10when i plug in the external hard drive it shows as a device but that's it with some indistinguishable files. The files don't pen in Windows 10....
  3. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard drive transfer files to pc: Can someone please refer me to an easy reference to transfer music files from an external hard drive to my laptop with windows 10when i plug in the external hard drive it shows as a device but that's it with some indistinguishable files. The files don't pen in Windows 10....
  4. external hard drive transfer files to pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  6. ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE

ACCESSING FILE ON THUMB DRIVE: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The file is Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail program residing on a SanDisk external 32G drive.I am a participant in Windows Insider - just recently updated...
  7. File transfer to an external drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File transfer to an external drive does not work.: Whenever I try to transfer any files to or from an external drive the dialogue box says "DESTINATION FOLDER ACCESS DENIED".When tried same from other device it works....
  8. File transfer to an external drive does not work.

File transfer to an external drive does not work.: Whenever I try to transfer any files to or from an external drive the dialogue box says "DESTINATION FOLDER ACCESS DENIED".When tried same from other device it works....
  9. File transfer to an external drive does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. video transfer on external drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    video transfer on external drives: Having problems trying to organize my video files on external drives. To do the process it appears to be a very simple process but I find that opens multiple issues, be it security or capability unsure. Be denied rights to transfer files, but am the administrator. What is the...