Windows 10: Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server.

Discus and support Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If we go with SQL Server + CAL base licensing . can we transfer SQL CALs from my primary server to secondary when my primary server fails or down ? If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sejalmaurya, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server.

1. If we go with SQL Server + CAL base licensing . can we transfer SQL CALs from my primary server to secondary when my primary server fails or down ?
    2. If we go for SQL Server + CAL base licensing what all SQL CAL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and Secondary server. ?
    3. If we go for SQL Server Core Base licensing what all SQL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and Secondary server ?
    4. can we use SQL core base license as a primary and SQL CAL base license as secondary or vice versa ?

***Modified title from: SQL primary and secondary server***

:)

sejalmaurya, Apr 10, 2019

2. Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs

Easily bring your SQL Server licenses to Azure VMs

Source: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/bl...0531_479823347

Cluster Head, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    SQL Server + C#: What’s new

Source: SQL Server + C#: Whats new | SQL Server Blog

Brink, Apr 10, 2019
  4. lgentry Win User

Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server.

Help me understand SQL Server

While trying to understand intermittent freezes in my Windows 10 that require hard reboots to recover from I was looking at my event viewer trying to find the culprit. Although I have not yet narrowed down the problem (there are several different errors) I came across several events related to SQL Server "insufficient system memory in resource pool 'internal' to run this query". I'm running a quad core i5 machine with 8 gb of ram. Looking at my list of installed programs I notice that I have the following:

SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition
    SQL Server 2008 Setup Support Files
    SQL Server 2012 Native Client
    SQL Server 2014 Setup
    SQL Server 2014
    SQL Transact SQL Scriptdom
    SQL Server Browser for SQL Server 2014

I've tried to read about exactly what SQL Server is and it's as clear as mud to me. Can someone help me understand what it is? Do I need to have all those versions installed? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

lgentry, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server.

1. Transferring SQL Client Access Licenses from primary server to secondary server. - Similar Threads - Transferring SQL Client

2. Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...: Are the license key of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 transferable/reusable on a new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-of-windows-server-2012-sql-server/db4c414d-199c-4b7a-a676-6657bc226fca
  3. Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...: Are the license key of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 transferable/reusable on a new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-of-windows-server-2012-sql-server/db4c414d-199c-4b7a-a676-6657bc226fca
  4. Transferring of Windows Server 2012, SQL Server 2012 and Sharepoint Servers 2013 license...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  6. License for Windows Server and SQL Server

License for Windows Server and SQL Server: Hi,I have question regarding the license.Windows server running on VMBased on my knowledge, license on VM is required but how many core can I assign for the VM's.SQL server running on VMDoes SQL also required certain license running on VM's ? Or I can just go with the...
  7. SQL Server 2014 License?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SQL Server 2014 License?: Hello, How do I obtain SQL server 2014 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-2014-license/6a0809b4-95d7-4c94-a61d-f86067f2d7b4
  8. SQL Server 2014 License?

SQL Server 2014 License?: Hello, How do I obtain SQL server 2014 license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sql-server-2014-license/6a0809b4-95d7-4c94-a61d-f86067f2d7b4
  9. Downloading SQL and accessing server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloading SQL and accessing server: Hello, I am attempting to download SQL and SSMS. Now I am trying to connect to the server but receive this error message: "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible....
  10. SQL primary and secondary server

SQL primary and secondary server: If we go with SQL Server + CAL base licensing . can we transfer SQL CALs from my primary server to secondary when my primary server fails or down ? If we go for SQL Server + CAL base licensing what all SQL CAL licenses need to be installed(need to buy) on primary and...