Windows 10: Transferring two licences between three computers

Discus and support Transferring two licences between three computers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have two windows 10 licences, one used on computer that doesn't work anymore and another on lap top in use. I'm buying a new computer and I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ivienn, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Ivienn Win User

Transferring two licences between three computers

I have two windows 10 licences, one used on computer that doesn't work anymore and another on lap top in use. I'm buying a new computer and I would like to move licence I have on lap top, as it's pro version, to new computer and put licence from not working computer to lap top.

To explain in more detail:

Current situation:

• Lap top - Windows 10 pro licence, upgraded from windows 8.1. To my knowledge it's not OEM. I have reinstalled system from complete format few times on this device with this licence. I still have product key from 8.1.
    • Not working computer - Windows 10 home licence, upgraded from windows 7. For sure not OEM. I have reinstalled system from complete format few times on this device with this licence. I still have product key from 7 and access to hard drive windows is installed on.
    • New computer - Has no licence.

What I want to achieve:

• New computer - Windows 10 pro
    • Lap top - Windows 10 home

I read this article on how to transfer licence, but I'm not exactly sure how to proceed in my case.

Also how would it be best to install Windows 10, I only know how to get files from installation media, but I'm under impression that is bound to licence and computer?

:)

Ivienn, Apr 28, 2019
  2. neilpzz Win User

Transfer Windows 10 Licence from Old/Dead Computer to New Computer

Depends on the licence you have. How did you get your Windows 10 licence, was it via the free upgrade and was the previous system installed by the manufacturer = OEM.

OEM licences cannot be transferred, generally but recent posts suggest MS is allowing some transfers.

Retail boxed licence can be transferred to a new device.

New motherboard = new device.

neilpzz, Apr 28, 2019
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Transferring two licences between three computers

transferring windows licence

so if my Computer stops working will i be able to transfer Windows licence to another computer

DavidKovač, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Transferring two licences between three computers

1. Transferring two licences between three computers - Similar Threads - Transferring licences between

2. Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts: Howdy, I have two MS accounts, one with two Windows digital licences and a second account with a single Windows licence. I would like to move the Windows licence in the second account to the first account and close the second account. How do I do this? Other support articles...
  3. Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts: Howdy, I have two MS accounts, one with two Windows digital licences and a second account with a single Windows licence. I would like to move the Windows licence in the second account to the first account and close the second account. How do I do this? Other support articles...
  4. Transfering Windows licences between MS Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring a Windows 10 Home Licence between computers

Transferring a Windows 10 Home Licence between computers: i got a preinstalled version of Windows 8 on my Lenovo Yoda 3 Pro. I upgraded it to Windows 10 Home. Now the Lenovo is not working and I want to transfer the Windows 10 Licence to my Windows 10 on Parallels for Mac. What do I do?...
  6. Digital licence swap between two devices?

Digital licence swap between two devices?: Hello! I have two digital licences Windows 10 Home and Pro retail licence linked to my Microsoft account, both of them in use. On my desktop computer runs the Pro version and on my laptop that I mostly use in a different city, where my University is, since my desktop...
  7. Cant transfer folders between two computers?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant transfer folders between two computers?: Hello, Does anyone have experience transfer data between two computers ? I connected rj45 between them didnt work connected them both to a router doesnt work Sometimes i can see each computer name but when i click on it , it says network credentials but neither computer...
  8. Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers

Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers: Hello, I am looking to swap the licences on my laptop and desktop. Here are the current configurations: Desktop Originally came with Windows Vista Purchased & installed Windows 7 Home via 32bit DVD upgraded through Microsoft free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Laptop...
  9. Transferring OS between two SSDs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring OS between two SSDs: Hello all I built a small home server a year or so ago. As i had a spare key lying around, I have used Windows 10 as my OS and simply connected all my other devices to it. It’s obviously not a bespoke server solution but it works well enough for my purposes. I used a...
  10. Transferring data between two computers.

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring data between two computers.: Hello, I have recently bought a new laptop and I want to transfer all the data from my Personal Computer to laptop. Which option should I use, disk image or clone creator? Is transferring all the data in order to make my laptop the same as my computer even possible? Both...