Windows 10: transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10

Discus and support transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I keep getting the message try another device tried three different usb cables still get this message c an you help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimjamtwenty, Nov 25, 2020.

1. transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10

I keep getting the message try another device tried three different usb cables still get this message c an you help

:)

jimjamtwenty, Nov 25, 2020
  2. PeggyDodd Win User

VHS tapes copied to a dvd video editing software? Windows 10.

I had some vhs tapes copied to a dvd. It now needs editing. Can I do that myself in Windows 10? It is personal video, not copyrighted.

Old title: Editing dvds.

PeggyDodd, Nov 25, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    VHS tapes

Does anyone still use VHS tapes? I've pretty much been using DVDs for at least the past 3 years of my life. I realized this today... the story goes like this:

A day or two ago, I watched Decoding the Exodus on the History channel. My family is relegious so I decided I would acquire this show and hand out copies to my family so they can watch it as well. I gave it to my mother, 2 of my 3 uncles (I should probably make a copy for my other uncle) and my grandmother. Out of all these people, guess who doesn't have a dvd player? Grandma. heh.

Since I've been using DVDs for so long, I didn't have any blank tapes, the only VHS tapes I have are 3 tapes of Red Dwarf that my dad made off of PBS, and a tape I found that my late grandfather made for me of The Predator. My mom didn't have any blank tapes either, niether did grandma. I went to wal-mart today to get some VHS tapes (I needed dvds and a can of compressed air anyway). I tried taping the DVD over to VHS on my dvd/vhs player, didn't work. I had to use the living room setup which has a dvd player and a VCR seperate and recorded it that way.

Long story short I was totally blown away by using these VHS tapes today. We've come so far in technology with the DVD. It took me an hour and a half to record Decoding the Exodus from a DVD to a VHS because a VHS cannot be burned, it HAS to be recorded real-time. It takes my about 5 minutes to burn the hour and a half movie in DVD format (came out to be around 2.62GB) with my computer's DVD burner and the Free Studio program, but the VHS had to be recorded in real-time, which took about an hour and a half. DVDs are so much more convienent; they can be burned, so they don't have to be recorded in real time. They hold more data than a VHS tape at VHS quality level, and at DVD quality level, anyone can easily tell the difference between a VHS and a DVD.

Now I think it kinda sucks that I can't record on my VHS/DVD player combo. It has a recording feature for the VHS player, but the only input it has is composite on the back and composite on the front. The only way I can record off a DVD with it is to use my PS2, but I'm using a component cable for it so I would have to fish out the composite cable for it and do it that way. It won't record from it's dvd player to it's vhs player. It doesn't have coaxial cable either, or I could pipe TV through it... can't record TV either. I'd have to do it on the VCR in the living room.

/very long story
    So does anyone still use VHS tapes today?

4. sec2709 Win User

transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10

VHS transfer to DVD

After upgrading to Win 10, what and how can I transfer VHS to DVD? Is there a software needed, etc.? Please be specific on your answers.

Thank you.

sec2709, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10

1. transferring vhs tape to dvd windows 10 - Similar Threads - transferring vhs tape

2. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?: I have sort of a standard cassette drive and a VHS drive.I want to play or covert these in Windows, however, it is not recognized in Windows because there is no such driver.I was unable to find such driver that exists that dose not cause a conflict or critical errors.Is it...
  3. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?: I have sort of a standard cassette drive and a VHS drive.I want to play or covert these in Windows, however, it is not recognized in Windows because there is no such driver.I was unable to find such driver that exists that dose not cause a conflict or critical errors.Is it...
  4. Can Windows recognize cassette and VHS tapes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. VHS to DVD

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    VHS to DVD: Hi! I have several home videos that were previously on VHS. I was able to successfully transfer them all to DVD-R. However, I did not realize in the process that DVD-R is in fact different from a regular DVD. My movies work with a DVD-R player but I know these are not common...
  6. VHS to DVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VHS to DVD: Hi! I have several home videos that were previously on VHS. I was able to successfully transfer them all to DVD-R. However, I did not realize in the process that DVD-R is in fact different from a regular DVD. My movies work with a DVD-R player but I know these are not common...
  7. VHS to DVD

8. set up a dvd-rw disc to use in another machine to copy vhs tapes to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    set up a dvd-rw disc to use in another machine to copy vhs tapes to: I have a VHS to DVD machine. It does copy VHS movies to DVD-RW discs. I used a pack of Sony DVD-RWs and now I am out - it's been a long lockdown period. I got a spindle of Verbatim DVD-RWs and put them in the machine and they do not work. On the computer, I was able to set...
  9. EASY CAP for VHS tape

EASY CAP for VHS tape: EASY CAP for VHS tape functions for my windows 10 . I have checked the driver and it is fit. I have checked the properties for compatibility and there is no problem with compatibility. the audio voice is fine and the video is shown but the video is dancing right and left....
  10. VHS Tape Conversion and Capture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VHS Tape Conversion and Capture: Looking for best way to download and store old VHS videos on my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vhs-tape-conversion-and-capture/df4723eb-1d97-4256-9528-5e081fb993db"