Windows 10: Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine?

Discus and support Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a VM set up on Linux with an activated install of Windows on it. If I decided to get rid of the VM on this computer and simply install Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AlexSmargle, May 10, 2020.

1. Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine?

I have a VM set up on Linux with an activated install of Windows on it.

If I decided to get rid of the VM on this computer and simply install Windows bare metal, would I be able to use the same license I bought for the VM since its the same computer physically or would it not be able to tell it was the same and require me to buy a new disc?

The one I have on the VM is from a Windows Home 10 64bit OEM DVD, if that is important.

:)

AlexSmargle, May 10, 2020

2. Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine

Hello

I've just built a server and set up a KVM hypervisor on it, and now I want to transfer a little-used mini PC with a Window 10 license to a VM. What implications are there? Can I just virtualize the machine and continue with the VM, since I have a licensed
    copy of Windows 10 on the mini PC?

Thanks in advance

DavidCounter1, May 10, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Licensing for a virtual machine

Unfortunately, no. A virtual machine is considered a separate computer and requires a license.

FWIW I used the license key from an old copy of Windows 8 to activate W10 in my VM, and it was accepted.

BulldogXX, May 10, 2020
  4. Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine?

Licensing for a virtual machine

I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop. I want to setup a virtual Windows 10 PC for testing software, using Oracle's VM Virtual Box.

If this is running on the same machine, can I use the same license?

Al_Howarth, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine?

1. Transferring VM license to Non-Virtual Machine? - Similar Threads - Transferring license Non

2. Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Virtual Machines be transferable between machines?: I have HDD A which has Windows 10 Pro. I also have HDD B which has Windows 7 Pro. They are each Virtual Machines VM's. When using B I can use it on every computer. I do not activate the internet. I simply use the VM and the programs contained. I use B with Windows Hyper-V. I...
  3. OEM licensing for virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OEM licensing for virtual machine: I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home, with OEM digital license in the BIOS. I would like to replace Windows with Ubuntu Linux, then run Windows 11 in a VirtualBox virtual machine, using that license. Is this possible? What must I do to ensure that I can do this? Will I...
  4. OEM licensing for virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OEM licensing for virtual machine: I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home, with OEM digital license in the BIOS. I would like to replace Windows with Ubuntu Linux, then run Windows 11 in a VirtualBox virtual machine, using that license. Is this possible? What must I do to ensure that I can do this? Will I...
  5. license for virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    license for virtual machine: I have a laptop with windows 10 pro installed/licensedI want to test some setups with docker, but do not want to break my private install/setup as I also use vmware and this is not compatible with dockerI downloaded the windows evaluation version virtual machine for vmware...
  6. Windows license for multiple non-simultaneously run virtual machines

Windows license for multiple non-simultaneously run virtual machines: Hi, I have a windows 10 license for the guest running on VirtualBox. When doing software troubleshooting, I often find myself needing to clone the virtual machine for testing since I need to uninstall/install software for testing compatibilities. I do NOT need to...
  7. License For A Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    License For A Virtual Machine: I need to purchase a key not a digital license for windows 10 for using in a virtual machine, naturally i used the windows 7 key i had on the host i originally upgraded to windows 10, this will not activate, and im sure they dont allow this, i dont mind doing this the legal...
  8. Transferring a Windows license from a physical machine to a virtual machine

Transferring a Windows license from a physical machine to a virtual machine: I asked this question previously, but had a follow-up question which was never answered, so I assume that it has to be asked separately. I have Windows 10 Education on a physical machine that I built - is there any way of transferring it to a virtual machine running on a...
  9. Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine

Transferring Windows 10 license to virtual machine: Hello I've just built a server and set up a KVM hypervisor on it, and now I want to transfer a little-used mini PC with a Window 10 license to a VM. What implications are there? Can I just virtualize the machine and continue with the VM, since I have a licensed copy of...
  10. OEM licenses and virtual machines

OEM licenses and virtual machines: I just got a computer this week and activated the windows 10 pro OEM license on it. If I now want to install a type 1 hypervisor on the computer like vmshpere and put windows 10 pro and linux on it, will my windows license re-activate? It's the same computer and same...