Windows 10: Transferring Win10 retail to new PC

Discus and support Transferring Win10 retail to new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I plan on buying a retail copy of Win10 before the new year but I also plan to build a new PC before the end of 2020. The copy I'm looking at says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JRadWilliams, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Transferring Win10 retail to new PC

I plan on buying a retail copy of Win10 before the new year but I also plan to build a new PC before the end of 2020. The copy I'm looking at says retail 1PC and I'm pretty sure it just means one at a time. Just want to be sure that when I build my new PC I can still decommission old PC and install on new build.

:)

JRadWilliams, Dec 15, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Can I upgrade OEM Win10 Home to Retail Win10 Pro?

Moving to a new PC that I'm building myself. Currently running Dell OEM Win10 Home. New PC will have Win10 Pro, MSDN (multi-activation or retail keys) version.

My backup software can do a "system transfer" that will allow me to transfer everything (OS and applications) to the new computer.

Should I upgrade from OEM Home to MSDN Pro on the old computer and then transfer everything to the new computer?

Or just install Win10 PRO MSDN on the new computer and use the backup software vendor's application transfer program to move the applications and registry entries.

My goals are:

1. Not have any "dinosaur bones" either from the OS on my SSD from the old OEM Home version on the new PRO version
    2. Not have to reinstall and reconfigure everything (which would take about a week)
    Thanks for any advice I can get...

BobMac1547x, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Transferring Win10 retail to new PC

Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Transferring Win10 retail to new PC

1. Transferring Win10 retail to new PC - Similar Threads - Transferring Win10 retail

2. Windows 10 Retail Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail Transfer: Hello, I have purchased a retail copy of Windows 10 Home which I have been using for about 2 years on the bootcamped partition of my Macbook Pro. I now have built a PC and would like to transfer the license to the new PC as I will no longer be using it on the Macbook. I...
  3. Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc

Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc: Hello, Thank you in advance for any response or feedback as this is the first time I am in need of help from these forums. Basically I am building a new rig and I want to transfer my product key from my old pc to my new pc. I have done back in the day the free upgrade to...
  4. Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 retail license to new PC: Hello guys i buyed a retail key for windows 10 pro my Laptop was on Windows 10 home OEM but i will buy a new PC soon so how i can transfer my pro license to my new pc do i need to re enter my key? or only format old pc and sing in on the new PC to update to pro?...
  5. transfer win10 to new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer win10 to new computer: transfer win10 to new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-win10-to-new-computer/5d98604f-940f-473b-8ca4-97ad5e185528
  6. Cant install retail win10 to new M2 Drive

Cant install retail win10 to new M2 Drive: Hi, I just build a new system and was looking forward to finishing it off by installing Win10 to the M2 drive. It's a completely new ADATA 960GB drive with factory settings (only drive attached). ASUS ROG X470-1 Mobo, 16G G.Skill RAM. The ADATA drive shows up fine in POST and...
  7. Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???

Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???: Hi there! Could anyone help me out with this.... before i had win7 product and i got a free to win10 and i updrageded it, in my activation status it says that windows is digitally licenced to ur Microsoft account and i no where find my win7 product key...now the problem...
  8. transfer emails and favorites from win7 pc to new win10 pc?

in Browsers and Email
    transfer emails and favorites from win7 pc to new win10 pc?: I need to transfer saved emails and all favorites from a win7 pc to a new win10 pc. How do I do that, using a usb drive? Thanks 20831
  9. Retail Win10

Retail Win10: My free upgrade will not work no matter what I try. It always gives me the same message. "........cannot be installed on USB flash drive." Of course, I do not have a drive attached to USB. So, I don't know what is generating this error. If I bite-the-bullet and buy a retail...
  10. Retail version - transfer from a damaged pc

Retail version - transfer from a damaged pc: Up front: this is just a hypothetical question. It came up in a discussion about Windows licenses. A Windows full retail version can be transferred to another PC, which is not the case with an OEM version. Imagine the 'old' PC is damaged, fire, water, whatever, but I am...