Windows 10: Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

Discus and support Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So basically I've had the same issue as the person in this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Prem Mistry, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

So basically I've had the same issue as the person in this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-and-activate-a-windows-10-pro-license-on/9b61f3e4-132d-4831-92d2-e2aa7966a914my old laptop was a macbook pro 2012 running windows via bootcamp. Anyways, after contact support chat a while ago I was told I was okay to remove the macbook 2012 from my microsoft devices as the digital licence would remain on my account. When I went to use the generic product key listed in the above thread an error message came up saying that I had no digital licences attached to my accou

:)

Prem Mistry, Oct 13, 2021

2. Transfer Windows 10 digital licence to another computer

Hi,

I have retail Windows 10 Pro digital licence which is linked to my microsoft account. I want to transfer that licence to new laptop. What are the steps? Do I need to deactivate licence (and how) at first laptop and then install windows to other laptop and link
    somehow that licence to that laptop?

Thanks in advance

JovicaPantic, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Transfer digital licence

Hello, i recently bought a new PC and i cant transfer my digital licence from old pc for activating windows 10..

i have a digital licence linked to my microsoft account win 10 pro retail version.. can anyone help me ?

and yes i tried the troubleshooter, and he didnt recognize my new PC.. but the new PC is there in devices on my microsoft account

NenadAdzic, Oct 13, 2021
  4. kevvyb Win User

Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

Successful transfer of Win10 Pro digital licence

Hi I would put it this way from what I have learned:
    If you have a windows 7 (or presumably, 8 or 8.1) RETAIL channel licence (i.e. you had the discs and were previously able to install on new machines as you needed - uninstalling any others so that there was only one copy in use) then yes.

I had upgraded my old Win7 pro licence to Win10 Pro using the free upgrade offer from MS last year.

Now I want to use win10 pro on the new machine (which comes with Win10 Home) but I only have a digital win10 pro licence on the old machine (plus my old Win7 Pro licence).

The digital licence to win10 pro can apparently be 'transferred' to the new machine. I haven't done this yet but I am told this is effected by using a MSA (Microsoft account) and being logged into that account on both machines.

You then use the activation troubleshooter to select the licence on the old machine or alternatively performing a plain upgrade on the new machine and either entering the original win7 pro key or calling MS to activate over the telephone.

We'll see if it works. I'll post back.

kevvyb, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

1. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop. - Similar Threads - Transferring window pro

2. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  3. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  4. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.: So basically I've had the same issue as the person in this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-and-activate-a-windows-10-pro-license-on/9b61f3e4-132d-4831-92d2-e2aa7966a914my old laptop was a macbook pro 2012 running windows via bootcamp....
  6. Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring window 10 pro digital licence to new laptop.: So basically I've had the same issue as the person in this thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-and-activate-a-windows-10-pro-license-on/9b61f3e4-132d-4831-92d2-e2aa7966a914my old laptop was a macbook pro 2012 running windows via bootcamp....
  7. Transfer Digital Licence

Transfer Digital Licence: Hi,I have just built a PC and want to transfer my Win 10 licence to the new build. I have seen guides to deactivate licence on old machine but I have no way of recording my licence key and am afraid of deactivating the old machine and being left with no active licence.Methods...
  8. Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer

Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer: I am from Norway and can only get windows 10 pro N and not windows 10 pro. However, when I upgraded from my purchased windows 8 license to windows 10 pro I received only windows 10 pro and not the pro N version. So now my account is linked to a windows 10 pro account digital...
  9. Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer

Transfer windows 10 pro digital licence to new computer: I am from Norway and can only get windows 10 pro N and not windows 10 pro. However, when I upgraded from my purchased windows 8 license to windows 10 pro I received only windows 10 pro and not the pro N version. So now my account is linked to a windows 10 pro account digital...
  10. Transfer of digital licence

Transfer of digital licence: I have a windows 10(home) laptop with digital licence linked to my email id. Now i want to sell the laptop to another person. Question 1- how can he/she get the licence or in other words how can I transfer my ownership to him/her. Question 2- will i have to buy a new...