Windows 10: Transferring window and office licences

Discus and support Transferring window and office licences in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop is overheating and shutting down. So, I need to quickly move my data along with my Microsoft Windows 10 Pro and Office HUP licences to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IanSmith1964, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Transferring window and office licences

Hi,

my laptop is overheating and shutting down. So, I need to quickly move my data along with my Microsoft Windows 10 Pro and Office HUP licences to another PC. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Ian

:)

IanSmith1964, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Transfer Windows 10 Licence from Old/Dead Computer to New Computer

Depends on the licence you have. How did you get your Windows 10 licence, was it via the free upgrade and was the previous system installed by the manufacturer = OEM.

OEM licences cannot be transferred, generally but recent posts suggest MS is allowing some transfers.

Retail boxed licence can be transferred to a new device.

New motherboard = new device.

neilpzz, Jun 12, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Transferring window and office licences

Windows XP Home Licence...

Yep, and I'll give s simple summary for anyone that is still confused.

Retail License:

• Supported by Microsoft
    • Can only be running on 1 machine per license
    • Can be transferred from one machine to another as long as it is removed from the old machine first
    OEM License:

• Supported by the whoever installs it
    • Bound to the motherboard it is originally installed on
    • The motherboard can only be changed in the event of a motherboard failure, and then the replacement motherboard must be the same model or an equivalent model
    Upgrade License:

• Support is bound by the license of the version you are upgrading from
    • Can be transferred from one PC to another as long as it is uninstalled from the previous computer first
    • When transferred support is bound by the license of the version you are upgrading from on the new machine

newtekie1, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Transferring window and office licences

1. Transferring window and office licences - Similar Threads - Transferring window office

2. Cost of Windows licence and office

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cost of Windows licence and office: How much does a Microsoft licence for windows 10 and 16, office 16 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cost-of-windows-licence-and-office/08ac6683-87d3-4701-b074-a184439df519"
  3. Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC

Transfering a licence to my upgraded PC: Hi, I've recently upgraded my motherboard and CPU. I read a bit about the licensing stuff before I upgraded and came to the conclusion that my license is connected to my Microsoft account and that the troubleshoot option will fix my problem. The problem is it didn't and...
  4. Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence

Transferring of Win 10 Pro licence: I bought a product key for Windows 10 Pro and used it. I then upgraded my PC. The new PC only had Win 10 Home and I want to transfer my licence to the new PC. I tried entering the Product Key and it did not want to accept it (the product key you entered didn't work. check...
  5. Transfer of digital licence

Transfer of digital licence: I have a windows 10(home) laptop with digital licence linked to my email id. Now i want to sell the laptop to another person. Question 1- how can he/she get the licence or in other words how can I transfer my ownership to him/her. Question 2- will i have to buy a new...
  6. Transfer windows 10 licence key

Transfer windows 10 licence key: Is this possible to Transfer windows 10 licence key from one account to another. If yes, please tell how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-licence-key/7cd0ba6c-470e-407c-86c2-c89a392dd6e6"
  7. Windows 10 - transferring licence to new motherboard

Windows 10 - transferring licence to new motherboard: Hello, My windows 10 licence was a free upgrade from windows 7. My PC is broken - I suspect its the motherboard and the hard drive is still working. Am I able to buy another machine, put in the old hard drive (if still working) and still use my existing windows 10...
  8. How to Transfer my Windows Licence

How to Transfer my Windows Licence: I am going to be replacing the Motherboard in my PC build soon(as well as my GPU and RAM). The HDD will stay but I am just wondering what do I need to do transfer the Retail License over...
  9. Transfer of Windows 10 Licences

Transfer of Windows 10 Licences: I have recently scrapped three old PCs, all of which were running Windows 10 Pro and/or Home Editions. The licences were acquired under the free upgrade policy. Can any of these Windows 10 licences be transferred to another Windows 7 Pro machine? Is so, how can this be...
  10. Office 2016 Licences

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Office 2016 Licences: Hey everyone, Hope someone out there can help us with this. I work for a company and we recently fired our IT tech and I am trying to clean up the mess he made. I found in his office a stack (20+) Office 2016 license keys that have been activated but have no...