Windows 10: Transferring window and office licences

Discus and support Transferring window and office licences in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop is overheating and shutting down. So, I need to quickly move my data along with my Microsoft Windows 10 Pro and Office HUP licences to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IanSmith1964, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Transferring window and office licences

Hi,

my laptop is overheating and shutting down. So, I need to quickly move my data along with my Microsoft Windows 10 Pro and Office HUP licences to another PC. How do I go about doing this?

Thanks,

Ian

:)

IanSmith1964, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. neilpzz Win User
    Transfer Windows 10 Licence from Old/Dead Computer to New Computer

Depends on the licence you have. How did you get your Windows 10 licence, was it via the free upgrade and was the previous system installed by the manufacturer = OEM.

OEM licences cannot be transferred, generally but recent posts suggest MS is allowing some transfers.

Retail boxed licence can be transferred to a new device.

New motherboard = new device.

neilpzz, Jun 12, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Transferring window and office licences

Windows XP Home Licence...

Yep, and I'll give s simple summary for anyone that is still confused.

Retail License:

• Supported by Microsoft
    • Can only be running on 1 machine per license
    • Can be transferred from one machine to another as long as it is removed from the old machine first
    OEM License:

• Supported by the whoever installs it
    • Bound to the motherboard it is originally installed on
    • The motherboard can only be changed in the event of a motherboard failure, and then the replacement motherboard must be the same model or an equivalent model
    Upgrade License:

• Support is bound by the license of the version you are upgrading from
    • Can be transferred from one PC to another as long as it is uninstalled from the previous computer first
    • When transferred support is bound by the license of the version you are upgrading from on the new machine

newtekie1, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Transferring window and office licences

1. Transferring window and office licences - Similar Threads - Transferring window office

2. Transferring hardware - windows licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring hardware - windows licence: Hello,I've recently set up a PC for a colleague where the windows licence is a digital licence for Windows that came with the PC presumably embedded onto the PC The box itself has developed a fault which means it keeps losing connection to wifi via a USB dongle - I've set up...
  3. Transferring hardware - windows licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring hardware - windows licence: Hello,I've recently set up a PC for a colleague where the windows licence is a digital licence for Windows that came with the PC presumably embedded onto the PC The box itself has developed a fault which means it keeps losing connection to wifi via a USB dongle - I've set up...
  4. Transfer of Licence.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of Licence.: I had Windows 7 Home in my PC , now after formatting in April 2021, I am unable to activate the the same, Microsoft does not have any support for Win 7.Now I am thinking to Purchase Window 10 Home, but worried for the reason, if after some time my PC breakdown and I need to...
  5. Windows Pro - transfer of licence

Windows Pro - transfer of licence: I purchased Windows Pro on my old lap top through the Microsoft store. I am no longer using this laptop and I want to transfer the licence onto my new laptop. I have signed into my Microsoft account and I can see the licence in my order history. I have checked the emails and...
  6. Windows 10 Licence transfer

Windows 10 Licence transfer: Hi, I have a Windows 10 licence I purchased with my latpop. The licence sticker with code is on the bottom of the laptop. Can I transfer this licence to a new PC I will be buying?...
  7. Transferring Of Windows Digital Licences

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Of Windows Digital Licences: I have an old PC, it's an Acer ATC-780A-UR12. I bought it brand new from Micro center years back, I finally have a better PC built and would like to transfer my digital licence. Out of the Box, my old PC had Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Installed, after looking in my setting it is...
  8. licence transfer

licence transfer: Can i transfer my win 10 digital licence to a new self-build pc... how can i check if i can do that with my current licence? ive ordered a a new mobo, processor, ram, gfx, Hdd, SSD...
  9. Windows Digital licence transfer

Windows Digital licence transfer: Hi, hoping someone can help me. I have significantly upgraded my PC almost everything apart from BD and case! and have had to re-install Windows. The digital licence I had associated with the original PC will not install on my new PC and tells me it is invalid. From...
  10. Transfer of Windows 10 Licences

Transfer of Windows 10 Licences: I have recently scrapped three old PCs, all of which were running Windows 10 Pro and/or Home Editions. The licences were acquired under the free upgrade policy. Can any of these Windows 10 licences be transferred to another Windows 7 Pro machine? Is so, how can this be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do documents for word transfer when license is transferred to new cpu