Windows 10: Transferring windows 10 from a prebuilt

Discus and support Transferring windows 10 from a prebuilt in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last year in may I bought a prebuilt PC with windows 10 installed, I plan on building a new PC soon. Can I transfer windows 10 from the prebuilt PC to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/slimy-hedgehog, May 5, 2020.

1. Transferring windows 10 from a prebuilt

Last year in may I bought a prebuilt PC with windows 10 installed, I plan on building a new PC soon. Can I transfer windows 10 from the prebuilt PC to the new one once I build it?

submitted by /u/slimy-hedgehog
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/slimy-hedgehog, May 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 23, 2020
  4. Transferring windows 10 from a prebuilt

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Transferring windows 10 from a prebuilt

1. Transferring windows 10 from a prebuilt - Similar Threads - Transferring prebuilt

2. How do I transfer upgraded Windows 10 Key to a New Hard Drive in the same Laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How do I transfer upgraded Windows 10 Key to a New Hard Drive in the same Laptop?: Dear Friends, On 24/05/2020, My hp Pavilion dv6 laptop crashed & showed blue screen which shows only the sad smiley face, this blue screen occurred repeatedly on restarting and auto-repair did not fix the problem; I suspected that the blue screen problem was caused by the...
  3. Office License Transfer

Office License Transfer: I purchased a Dell computer with Windows 10 and a Microsoft Office license. I work for a local chamber of commerce and they paid me back for the computer purchase. Each year I am personally billed for the Office license. How can I transfer ownership of that license to them...
  4. File transfers stop every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File transfers stop every 5 seconds: When I copy a file from my PC (typically the source is a 970 Pro 1TB), to an internal disk on my file server over my 10Gbit network it starts at 1.1GB/s then drops to zero, where it stays for 20-30 seconds, then goes back up to 1.10GB/s for 2-3 seconds, then drops to 0 again....
  5. How to transfer windows original licence from a failed hdd to a new hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to transfer windows original licence from a failed hdd to a new hdd: My hard disk failed which is there purchase with Lenovo ThinkPad with original windows 8 and freely upgraded to 10. Now the HDD failed and I wish to install a new HDD.But how to get back my original licence of Windows 10 to my laptop as I don't have any backup or Pendrive...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?

Windows 10 Pro - Transfer License from one machine to another?: So if you look through my post history you'll see that my digital license for Windows Home will no longer activate as I had to replace my motherboard. So I have been forced to purchase a new key, even though I already spent $129.99. So I purchasedWindows 10 Pro from the...
  7. Best way to transfer your data and programs from Win10 system to a new computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer your data and programs from Win10 system to a new computer.: There is a plenty of locked threads all around this community, with people keep asking this question. Short answer is usually - there is no way, you should reinstall all programs from scratch. But that's not true. For 15 years already I transfer my Windows systems from one...
  8. How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine

How to move/transfer my win10 pro licence to a new machine: My HTPC fan broke the other day. Machine overheated. Unable to fix so need to buy a new PC. The HTPC had Win10 pro installed via upgrade from Win8 some years ago. Is it possible to transfer licence to new PC? Thx...
  9. PLEASE HELP transfering files issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PLEASE HELP transfering files issue: Hello, I have been working on how to do this for 3 days now and still cant get it done. i am trying to move all my amazon music files off my iPhone 6+ and onto my iTunes account on my laptop running Win 10 Thanks in advance...
  10. Transferring windows 10 to a new PC using a windows 8 key

Transferring windows 10 to a new PC using a windows 8 key: So I've got windows 10 on my PC currently, which was installed using a windows 8 key then upgraded for free. I'm planning to build a new PC and wanted to know if I could uninstall windows from my current PC and install it on the new PC using the windows 8 key I purchased...