Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 from bootcamp

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 from bootcamp in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been succesfully running Windows 10 in bootcamp for a number of years, I have now bought a new macbook and I would like to transfer window 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by geoff1948, Jun 2, 2019.

1. geoff1948 Win User

Transferring Windows 10 from bootcamp

I have been succesfully running Windows 10 in bootcamp for a number of years, I have now bought a new macbook and I would like to transfer window 10 over to my new machine, is this possible ?
    Many thanks

:)

geoff1948, Jun 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 2, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Transferring Windows 10 from bootcamp

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 from bootcamp

1. Transferring Windows 10 from bootcamp - Similar Threads - Transferring bootcamp

2. transfer all data from vista to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer all data from vista to windows 10: Hi . I have been running vista. now I have a new computer a Dell with windows 10 pre installed. I have made a full back up to an external hard drive from my old vista and would like to transfer all that data from the external hard drive to the new windows 10...
  3. Activation after transfer to new M.2 drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation after transfer to new M.2 drive: So straight to it, I got windows way back in 2013 for my PC, installed and activated it. Then it updated to windows 10 a while back. Then this week I got a new M.2 ssd and used the samsung cloning program to transfer from my old ssd onto the m.2 one. When I try personalise...
  4. Win10Pro transfer to new PC

Win10Pro transfer to new PC: I bought a PC with Win7Pro already installed (the sticker refers to OEM). This was updated to Win10Pro. The motherboard on this PC has now died and I need to purchase another. Most come with Win10Home and I would wish to transfer the licence from the dead PC to the new one....
  5. File size and transfer issues in windows 10

File size and transfer issues in windows 10: My C drive had 50 GB of free space and I was downloading 38 GB of data (multiple files ranging in size). Around 11 Gb of the data was left to download when I got the error that my drive was full. I had not created or downloaded anything else in that drive. I then transferred...
  6. How to transfer a laptop to my Windows 10 account from someone else's account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to transfer a laptop to my Windows 10 account from someone else's account?: I recently acquired a laptop, and I am trying to set myself up on the laptop. The problem is that the laptop is locked to the previous owner's Windows 10 account. I have tried to transfer the laptop to my account, but the problem is.... the previous owner died suddenly, and...
  7. Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC

Windows 10 digital license transfer to a new PC: Hello! I have a PC with Windows 10 Pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account. In a couple of days I will get a new PC. I'd like to transfer my digital license from this PC to the one I will get. Is this possible? And if it is, how exactly can I do that?...
  8. Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds?

Real world maximum wifi transfer speeds?: A question out of curiosity, not need or a problem. It seems to be pretty well known that the fastest internet transfer speeds come through a connection using an ethernet cable, and for various reasons including signal processing overhead, a wifi connection can not reach...
  9. can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device?: can i transfer the windows 10 pro upgrade(digital license 99usd) to new device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-the-windows-10-pro-upgradedigital/0bebb1ca-1590-482d-9bc6-16f44b725cd1
  10. Transferring Windows 10 from bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring Windows 10 from bootcamp: I have been succesfully running Windows 10 in bootcamp for a number of years, I have now bought a new macbook and I would like to transfer window 10 over to my new machine, is this possible ? Many thanks 133918