Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 from one device to another

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 from one device to another in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop that came with windows 10 pre-installed, and I also have a custom built desktop PC. I am trying to put windows 10 on the PC and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/roplume, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Transferring Windows 10 from one device to another

I have a laptop that came with windows 10 pre-installed, and I also have a custom built desktop PC. I am trying to put windows 10 on the PC and install an alternative operating system on the other device. What should I do to get started? Do I need to reactivate my product key? Thanks!

submitted by /u/roplume
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/roplume, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Transferring Windows 10 from one device to another

lorraine walsh, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 from one device to another

1. Transferring Windows 10 from one device to another - Similar Threads - Transferring device another

2. Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering a ssd from one laptop to another: I recently had a problem where I couldnt install windows on a sad i had on my laptop.i was wondering if it's possible to take a ssd from a laptop I had that has windowsand put it in this laptop to use windows from it...
  3. Transferring the Windows 10 License from one VM to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring the Windows 10 License from one VM to another: Hello Team,Hope you are doing Well .!I have activated the Windows 10 License in one of my VM what if I terminate the same can I use that key in other VM too after that ..Regards,Faizan...
  4. Transfer speed from one SSD to another...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Transfer speed from one SSD to another...: I feel like the transfer rate should be a LOT faster than 20-30mb/s average moving one movie file from one SSD to another. My boot drive and games are on NVME's. Movies/TV shows on 1 SSD Downloads go to a 2nd SSD Installation apps/random stuff goes on the 3rd SSD. 177578
  5. Can I transfer windows OS from one device to another?

Can I transfer windows OS from one device to another?: Hello, so basically as the title says, I wanted to ask whether it is possible to transfer my OS from one device which has gotten old and I won't be able to use it anymore to a new device that has no OS, or do I have to buy a new licence?...
  6. Transferring files from one SSD to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring files from one SSD to another: Can I transfer regular files such as games, apps, and programs from one SSD to another? Like for an example, your default drive is Drive C. You download a file, app, or a program onto your computer and it installs into Drive D. Is there a way that you can move any kind of...
  7. Transfer Windows from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows from one PC to another: I currently have a laptop that had Windows from the factory, and I want to transfer it to my new desktop. I want to put Ubuntu on the laptop. When i go to activation, however, it says that it's activated with a digital license, and i cant get the product key. I am using...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another

Transferring Windows 10 Pro from one Laptop to Another: I purchased a laptop earlier in the year that came with Windows 10 Home, and I bought Windows 10 Pro from the online store and upgraded. I've recently decided that I need a different laptop, and this one is being sold. I'd like to know if I can return this laptop to Windows...
  9. how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another

how to transfer windows 10 from one pc to another: Hi my current computer has window ten but its old and i want to transfere my windows 10 copy from my old pc to my new one which is faster. please help whoever can...
  10. Transfer software from one windows 10 computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer software from one windows 10 computer to another: I just recently bought office software on a usb drive and now cannot locate the drive. Is it possible to move it from my old computer to the new....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transferring from one account to another windows 10