Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My old PC build has a valid Windows 10 Pro license attached to my MSFT account and when I did a complete rebuild of my new PC, and attempted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by sharka222, Sep 1, 2019.

1. sharka222 Win User

Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC

Hi,

My old PC build has a valid Windows 10 Pro license attached to my MSFT account and when I did a complete rebuild of my new PC, and attempted to activate Windows with the same MSFT account following the exception pathway, the troubleshooter returned with "We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for reactivating the device you’re using right now. Make sure you’re signed in with the same Microsoft account you linked to the Windows 10 digital license on this device or try again later. "

I'm using the same account and in my MSFT account, I can clearly see two devices attached. I'm at a loss of what to do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

:)

sharka222, Sep 1, 2019
  2. lsylsy1 Win User

Transfer windows 10 Pro license to new build pc

I would like to Transfer windows 10 Pro license from a most dead old PC to new build pc. Teach me how.

lsylsy1, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC

Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.

Hi Microsoft Community!

I'm in the process of assembling a new PC and am going to give the old PC to my younger brother. I want to transfer my existing license to the new computer and if possible "de-license" the old one. These are the particulars:

• My Windows 10 license was purchased on the Microsoft website and originally activated with a product key.
    • I still have this product key.
    • I have since formatted the PC and after re-installing Windows 10 the activation is now with a digital license.
    • I prefer using local accounts on my PC and thus haven't created a Microsoft account enabled user.

My question is how to best go about transferring the license? Can I just format the old PC and activate my license on the new PC with the product key? If I do that will I get a problem when my brother installs Windows on the old computer again, since it
    now has a digital license?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel Door, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC

1. Transferring Windows 10 License on the same account from old PC build to new PC - Similar Threads - Transferring License same

2. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC: I have an old PC with Retail Windows 10 upgraded from windows 8 installed and digitally linked to my Microsoft account outlook email. I assembled a new PC new device name and would like to transfer this license to this new PC. Based on the advice from the community, I login...
  3. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC: I have an old PC with Retail Windows 10 upgraded from windows 8 installed and digitally linked to my Microsoft account outlook email. I assembled a new PC new device name and would like to transfer this license to this new PC. Based on the advice from the community, I login...
  4. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc: I have deactivated the digital license from old pc installed the new windows version to my new pc . I log in my microsoft acc and in my new pc its still showing not activated. Even if i run pc audit it shows my l25 character license key entered . As soon as i rest old pc or...
  6. Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc: I have deactivated the digital license from old pc installed the new windows version to my new pc . I log in my microsoft acc and in my new pc its still showing not activated. Even if i run pc audit it shows my l25 character license key entered . As soon as i rest old pc or...
  7. License transfer from old PC

License transfer from old PC: Hi there,I'm trying to transfer a windows license from my old PC to my new one.My current PC has Windows 10 Home while my old PC has Windows 10 Pro.I've tried contacting support but it doesn't give me the required help.When asking to speak to somebody it encounters an...
  8. Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC

Transfer of Windows 10 Pro Retail License from old PC to a new PC: I had purchased a Windows 7 PC, and upgraded my PC to Windows 8 Pro during the upgrade offer by purchasing a Windows 8 pro license. Now I would like to transfer my license to another PC because i am thinking of disposing of my old PC. My digital license is linked to my...
  9. License Transfer new PC build

License Transfer new PC build: Hello All, I'm hoping the answer is yes however I would like to check if anyone has experience of the following - I've had the same PC for quite a long time now, and have in that time switched to using an SSD, new graphics and memory, motherboard has not changed. Originally...
  10. Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc

Building new pc - want to transfer win10 licence from old pc: Hello, Thank you in advance for any response or feedback as this is the first time I am in need of help from these forums. Basically I am building a new rig and I want to transfer my product key from my old pc to my new pc. I have done back in the day the free upgrade to...