Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I’ve built a new pc and wish to transfer my license for Windows 10 on my current PC to my new system. Windows 10 is currently activated by digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Namenot1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Namenot1 Win User

Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

I’ve built a new pc and wish to transfer my license for Windows 10 on my current PC to my new system.

Windows 10 is currently activated by digital license via free upgrade on my current system.

I don’t know my current windows product key because it is covered in my settings page, but it is showing as activated via digital license.

What do I need to do to transfer my windows 10 license from the old pc to the new pc?

Is it a simple matter of downloading Windows 10 on the new PC and activating it online using the license attached to my account?

Thanks.

:)

Namenot1, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 23, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

1. Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc - Similar Threads - Transferring License

2. Windows license transfer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows license transfer: Hi, My current PC is having multiple problems and I will be forced to get a new motherboard and cpu, so I am wondering whether I'll still be able to use my current Windows 10 license after formatting my current drive. I've looked at many sources online especially at the...
  3. Transfer License from a VM to a real PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer License from a VM to a real PC: I have two VMs that were activated and licensed correctly for Windows 10 Pro. These VMs were used for remote access by employees that no longer work at the company. The company is no longer utilizing remote employees in any capacity. That said, we have two licenses that are...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer: Hello all, So i recently built a new computer and wanted to transfer my digital Windows 10 Pro license to it from my old computer. Even after hours of research on the internet on how to do that i still cant get my finger around it. Could somebody please help me with my...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer

Transfer Windows 10 License without access to old computer: Hi. I was using a laptop with a digital Windows 10 Pro license that I had purchased. The laptop suddenly stopped working and I'm unable to boot it up anymore. I bought a new laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I wanted to know if there is a way to transfer the Pro...
  6. Transferring Windows 10 pro digital license to new system with windows 10 home

Transferring Windows 10 pro digital license to new system with windows 10 home: Hey Everyone I was using an old laptop of mine which has a retail license of Windows 10 Pro on it and it is activated and the digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. I have recently bought a new Microsoft surface Laptop which has a OEM Windows 10 Home on it and...
  7. Transfer license question

Transfer license question: I currently have a retail version of Windows 10 Pro. I have my digital license connected to my Microsoft account. If I want to transfer to a new PC, would I have to deactivate my product key on my old PC in order to use it on the new one?...
  8. How to transfer license?

How to transfer license?: I purchased Windows 10 license last November for Parallels Desktop 15 it is a virtual machine.But I want to transfer the license to the real computer. I have Windows 10 product key. How can I transfer it?...
  9. Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I transfer my Windows 10 license?: I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 sometime ago, and I think I have done a fresh install of 10 at least once since then. I intend to transfer my license to a new computer - am I still able to do this? I've read that an update to Windows may mean this is no longer possible....
  10. Windows 10, unsure about the best way to transfer my license to new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10, unsure about the best way to transfer my license to new PC: Hi, my old PC was on death's door so I built a new one and reused some of the components. Unfortunately I forgot to deactivate my license (Windows 10 Pro OEM) on the old PC before I cannibalised it, and now it's not in a state where it'll be able to boot or run. I'm wondering...