Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I’ve built a new pc and wish to transfer my license for Windows 10 on my current PC to my new system. Windows 10 is currently activated by digital... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Namenot1, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Namenot1 Win User

Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

I’ve built a new pc and wish to transfer my license for Windows 10 on my current PC to my new system.

Windows 10 is currently activated by digital license via free upgrade on my current system.

I don’t know my current windows product key because it is covered in my settings page, but it is showing as activated via digital license.

What do I need to do to transfer my windows 10 license from the old pc to the new pc?

Is it a simple matter of downloading Windows 10 on the new PC and activating it online using the license attached to my account?

Thanks.

:)

Namenot1, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 23, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc

1. Transferring Windows 10 License to new pc - Similar Threads - Transferring License

2. Transfer windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows license: I have a laptop with oem windows on it, i was wondering if i could deactivate that device and use the key on my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license/6d941092-4fe8-449a-8c6a-46c2d6213993
  3. Transfer windows license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer windows license: I have a laptop with oem windows on it, i was wondering if i could deactivate that device and use the key on my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license/6d941092-4fe8-449a-8c6a-46c2d6213993
  4. Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer: hi, i am new in my company, the previous IT doesn't have proper documentation of the windows licenses, no stickers of windows license on desktops. In one of the cabinet drawers, i found these in complete package excluding the license stickers: 1 installation disc Windows Home...
  5. Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer: hi, i am new in my company, the previous IT doesn't have proper documentation of the windows licenses, no stickers of windows license on desktops. In one of the cabinet drawers, i found these in complete package excluding the license stickers: 1 installation disc Windows Home...
  6. Windows 10 DSP OEI License Transfer

7. Is my Microsoft license from my laptop transferable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my Microsoft license from my laptop transferable?: Greetings,I have something I want to ask.So I was just scrolling on YouTube, and I found a short that made me think, it said that he transfered his license from his Asus laptop to his other desktop since it turns out his laptop's license is connected to his Microsoft...
  8. Is my Microsoft license from my laptop transferable?

Is my Microsoft license from my laptop transferable?: Greetings,I have something I want to ask.So I was just scrolling on YouTube, and I found a short that made me think, it said that he transfered his license from his Asus laptop to his other desktop since it turns out his laptop's license is connected to his Microsoft...
  9. Can I transfer Digital Windows 10 license from Microsoft education e-mail to my personal...

Can I transfer Digital Windows 10 license from Microsoft education e-mail to my personal...: My Microsoft Student Email will be deleted after my graduation according to the announcement of my college.I'm not sure if I will still be able to use the installed Windows 10 Education? And I log in this Windows 10 Education with the Microsoft Student e-mail from my college...
  10. Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hello,I have an old laptop that came with Windows 10 Home license when i bought it then I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from the store. Can i transfer the Pro license to the new laptop? And Will the old laptop fall back to Windows 10 Home license or it will be unlicensed?...