Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 pro digital license to new system with windows 10 home

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 pro digital license to new system with windows 10 home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey Everyone I was using an old laptop of mine which has a retail license of Windows 10 Pro on it and it is activated and the digital license is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ShikharPandey1, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Transferring Windows 10 pro digital license to new system with windows 10 home

Hey Everyone

I was using an old laptop of mine which has a retail license of Windows 10 Pro on it and it is activated and the digital license is linked to my Microsoft account.

I have recently bought a new Microsoft surface Laptop which has a OEM Windows 10 Home on it and as soon as I opened the laptop for the first time and tried to sign in. Now it shows that my windows is activated with Windows 10 Home and digital license linked to my account.
    Now I have 2 laptops with both windows 10 home and pro and their digital licenses linked to my Microsoft account. I wanted to transfer my Windows 10 pro license from my old system to my new laptop as I have its digital license linked to my account. But I am unable to as I have a digital license of the Home version OEM activated on my new Laptop.

Are there any steps that I can follow in order to transfer my Windows 10 Pro ?? I have verified that it is a retail license.

Can someone please assist regarding this ??

Thanks !!

:)

ShikharPandey1, Mar 22, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Chg101 Win User
    Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license to a new pc but it won't work. I've read about every help pages there is on this topic, but none solved my issue, so here I am.

Here's the situation : I just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license from my old laptop to the new one.

The old laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home OEM, which I upgraded to Pro using the Microsoft Store Upgrade earlier this year. I've now gone through the steps of linking my Microsoft Account one my old laptop so that I get the "Windows is activated
    with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" message with my Windows 10 Pro license and I made sure my device appears on my Microsoft account.

On my new laptop, I connected my Microsoft account, but the license shows as Windows 10 Home. I then ran the "slmgr /upk" command to uninstall the license from the old laptop and I also removed the old laptop from my Microsoft account. Still, if I try the
    Activation troubleshoot on the new laptop, it always stays on the Windows 10 Home license.

I'm out of ideas, every article I read about transferring a retail Windows 10 Pro digital license said that it was as easy as linking the license to my Microsoft account and then connecting that account on the new PC, but that doesn't work.

Basically, I want my old laptop to revert to its original Windows 10 Home OEM license and I want to upgrade my new laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro using my digital license bought on the Microsoft Store.

Anybody here knows how to fix this mess?

Thanks

Chg101, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Transferring Windows 10 pro digital license to new system with windows 10 home

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 pro digital license to new system with windows 10 home

1. Transferring Windows 10 pro digital license to new system with windows 10 home - Similar Threads - Transferring pro digital

2. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: I upgraded my old windows 11 home laptop to windows 11 pro. I would like to transfer my Windows 11 pro digital license to a new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-1011-pro-digital-license-to-a-new/d90c21a3-a5c4-4575-82ed-f5ca816c7c77
  3. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: I upgraded my old windows 11 home laptop to windows 11 pro. I would like to transfer my Windows 11 pro digital license to a new laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-1011-pro-digital-license-to-a-new/d90c21a3-a5c4-4575-82ed-f5ca816c7c77
  4. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: Hi all,I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 home pc to Windows 10 pro via a digital license bought from the Microsoft store named Windows 10/11 Pro.I would like to:1. transfer that pro digital license to my new Windows 11 Home pc in a few days once my new pc arrives, and...
  5. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc: Hi all,I have recently upgraded my Windows 10 home pc to Windows 10 pro via a digital license bought from the Microsoft store named Windows 10/11 Pro.I would like to:1. transfer that pro digital license to my new Windows 11 Home pc in a few days once my new pc arrives, and...
  6. Transfer Windows 10/11 Pro digital license to a new Windows 11 home pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer: Hello all, So i recently built a new computer and wanted to transfer my digital Windows 10 Pro license to it from my old computer. Even after hours of research on the internet on how to do that i still cant get my finger around it. Could somebody please help me with my...
  8. Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer: Hi, I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license to a new pc but it won't work. I've read about every help pages there is on this topic, but none solved my issue, so here I am. Here's the situation : I just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to transfer my windows 10...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 Home Digital License to New PC

Transfer Windows 10 Home Digital License to New PC: I received my original PC with a retail version of Windows 7 Home Premium that had a product key and when prompted about the free upgrade to Windows 10, I did so (which in turn linked my Microsoft account and License so now I have a digital license of Windows 10 Home) and...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC

Transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new PC: I upgraded my previous computer to Windows 10 Pro via a digital license purchased from the Windows Store. Unfortunately, that computer was quite literally fried during an electrical storm last month - the technicians who I took it to said it was not cost effective to repair...