Windows 10: transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop

Discus and support transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I know that windows 10 digital license configured to preinstall laptop can't transfer to another desktop or laptop. But I have upgraded windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MehboobBagwan, Mar 9, 2021.

1. transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop

Hi,

I know that windows 10 digital license configured to preinstall laptop can't transfer to another desktop or laptop.

But I have upgraded windows 10 to windows 10 pro.

So my question is after upgrade can I transfer this windows 10 pro license to another desktop or laptop?

Thanks in advance.

:)

MehboobBagwan, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Chg101 Win User

Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

Hi,

I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license to a new pc but it won't work. I've read about every help pages there is on this topic, but none solved my issue, so here I am.

Here's the situation : I just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license from my old laptop to the new one.

The old laptop originally came with Windows 10 Home OEM, which I upgraded to Pro using the Microsoft Store Upgrade earlier this year. I've now gone through the steps of linking my Microsoft Account one my old laptop so that I get the "Windows is activated
    with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" message with my Windows 10 Pro license and I made sure my device appears on my Microsoft account.

On my new laptop, I connected my Microsoft account, but the license shows as Windows 10 Home. I then ran the "slmgr /upk" command to uninstall the license from the old laptop and I also removed the old laptop from my Microsoft account. Still, if I try the
    Activation troubleshoot on the new laptop, it always stays on the Windows 10 Home license.

I'm out of ideas, every article I read about transferring a retail Windows 10 Pro digital license said that it was as easy as linking the license to my Microsoft account and then connecting that account on the new PC, but that doesn't work.

Basically, I want my old laptop to revert to its original Windows 10 Home OEM license and I want to upgrade my new laptop from Windows 10 Home to Pro using my digital license bought on the Microsoft Store.

Anybody here knows how to fix this mess?

Thanks

Chg101, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Transferring Windows 10 pro digital license to new system with windows 10 home

Hey Everyone

I was using an old laptop of mine which has a retail license of Windows 10 Pro on it and it is activated and the digital license is linked to my Microsoft account.

I have recently bought a new Microsoft surface Laptop which has a OEM Windows 10 Home on it and as soon as I opened the laptop for the first time and tried to sign in. Now it shows that my windows is activated with Windows 10 Home and digital license linked
    to my account.

Now I have 2 laptops with both windows 10 home and pro and their digital licenses linked to my Microsoft account. I wanted to transfer my Windows 10 pro license from my old system to my new laptop as I have its digital license linked to my account. But I am
    unable to as I have a digital license of the Home version (OEM) activated on my new Laptop.

Are there any steps that I can follow in order to transfer my Windows 10 Pro ?? I have verified that it is a retail license.

Can someone please assist regarding this ??

Thanks !!

ShikharPandey1, Mar 9, 2021
  4. C-S-C Win User

transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop

Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license linked to my Microsoft account on a HP Probook laptop. I had upgraded to this version from a WIndows 7 Ultimate edition.

Now I have a new laptop with WIndows 10 Home. I want to transfer the Pro license to this new laptop. Once I transfer my data from old laptop to the new one, I would reformat the old one and give it away.

I can see both laptops in my Microsoft account but I do not see any option to transfer license to the new one.

I need advice on how to transfer. I tried looking for options under Activate but I only see option to buy a new Pro license

C-S-C, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop

1. transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop - Similar Threads - transferring pro digital

2. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  3. Transfer digital license to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer digital license to new laptop: Hi, I purchased a laptop with Windows 11 Home preinstalled. I have a digital license for Windows 10 pro on an old PC. I would like to transfer the Pro license to the new laptop - either Windows 10 pro or Windows 11 pro. How do I transfer the digital License?Thank you!!...
  4. Unable to transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to transfer Windows 10 Pro digital license to new laptop.: Context:1 I bought a windows 8 digital license a few years ago. Directly from Microsoft.In the Microsoft page orders history, as of today, I can permanently see the product key.2 A few years later 2018, I bought a Windows 10 Pro "Upgrade" - digital license. Also directly from...
  5. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License From Unused Device to Laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Digital License From Unused Device to Laptop: I've got my old PC which I've now given to my dad linked to my Microsoft account, which had a Windows 10 Pro digital license on it. When I gave it to him, he reinstalled windows and used his own accounts. I've since gotten a new laptop from MSI, which came with Windows 10...
  6. Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Digital license linked to Microsoft Account: I have an almost 8 Year old laptop that originally didn't come with an OS. So, I installed Windows 10 Pro on it and purchased a digital license seperately. The 3rd Gen i3 Processor still somewhat holds up and can do all the basic tasks (including playing videos in 4K without...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer Possible?

Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer Possible?: I am looking to upgrade my Windows 10 Home on my current laptop to Windows 10 Pro. I intend to do this via the Microsoft Store for £120. The laptop I am working on does have some issues but I require the Windows 10 functionality now. Should this laptop be replaced under...
  8. Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Pro Digital License Transfer: Hello all, So i recently built a new computer and wanted to transfer my digital Windows 10 Pro license to it from my old computer. Even after hours of research on the internet on how to do that i still cant get my finger around it. Could somebody please help me with my...
  9. Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer

Windows 10 Pro digital license transfer: Hi, I'm trying to transfer my windows 10 pro license to a new pc but it won't work. I've read about every help pages there is on this topic, but none solved my issue, so here I am. Here's the situation : I just bought a new laptop and I'm trying to transfer my windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 Digital License Transfer

Windows 10 Digital License Transfer: I'm about to upgrade my HDD to an SSD, but I'm not sure how to go about getting my copy of Windows 10 onto it. I purchased a retail copy of Windows 7 years ago, and used the free upgrade to Windows 10 within the past couple of years. I've since lost the original install disc,...