Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key?

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro that I will be selling. I have Windows 10 Home key available that I want to put on the laptop and give my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SteveJ_542, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key?

I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro that I will be selling. I have Windows 10 Home key available that I want to put on the laptop and give my desktop Windows 10 Pro, but I am missing my activation key that came with the laptop. Is there a way to do this?

:)

SteveJ_542, Jan 6, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 6, 2020
  3. windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jan 6, 2020
  4. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key?

Downgrade Windows 10 Pro to Home and Transfer Key

I bought a laptop and had Windows 10 Home on it. Later, I got a key for Windows 10 Pro, and upgraded my laptop. I recently got a new desktop, and would like to use that pro key on it rather than my laptop. I tried the downgrade steps in this articlehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/downgrade-from-windows-10-pro-to-home/345f5464-cb7a-44b3-8856-237cbec072c8
    but they didn't work, it tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro. Is there a way to do what I'm wanting to do, or will I just need to buy another copy?

Clambert314, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key?

1. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key? - Similar Threads - Transferring Pro laptop

2. Transfer of Windows license from laptop to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer of Windows license from laptop to desktop: My laptop has windows 10 installed. However I am unable to updgrade to Windows 11 as the specifications do allow for this. I have thus decided to build a gamining PC from scratch. Do i have to obtain a brand new license or can I transfer my license from the laptop to the...
  3. Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop: How can I transfer Windows 10 Pro activation key used in my old laptop that stopped working to my new laptop? I have both of these devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  4. Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop: How can I transfer Windows 10 Pro activation key used in my old laptop that stopped working to my new laptop? I have both of these devices linked to my Microsoft account....
  5. Transferring Windows 10 Pro activation key to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  6. Transfer Windows 10 Pro and Office 2019 from Desktop to New Laptop.

Transfer Windows 10 Pro and Office 2019 from Desktop to New Laptop.: Please point me to the appropriate resource that will guide me through this process. How/where do I find my product/installation key for both Win 10 Pro and Office?...
  7. Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop

Transferring Windows 10 Pro License from broken Desktop to new Laptop: I've got a new laptop as a desktop replacement. The desktop is no longer functioning fan and other issues but I have the boot SSD which is licensed as Pro. The laptop only has Windows Home. Is there a way to recover my Pro license from the SSD? TIA!...
  8. Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro Key from returned laptop: Looking to Transfer a Windows Pro Licence, from a returned Laptop to my current new Laptop. I upgraded from the MS Store to Windows Pro on a Laptop that I had purchased. This was in January 2020. I then returned the laptop because it was faulty just a week later. At the...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop

Transfer Windows 10 license from laptop to desktop: I have joined Windows Insider program and got a free Windows 10 Pro license. Everytime I reinstall Windows 10 Pro OS on my laptop it's will be activated automatically. I wonder that license is OEM or retail channel? I just bought a new desktop (not laptop), I would like to...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 Pro product key from old laptop to new laptop

Transfer Windows 10 Pro product key from old laptop to new laptop: Hi, I currently have an old laptop that is running Windows 10 Pro and is activated, I would like to no longer use this laptop and transfer this product key (digital license) to my new refurbished laptop that is also running Windows 10 Pro. I have tried to find my product...