Windows 10: TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC

Discus and support TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an old HP laptop with W10 Pro license purchased SSD. Planning on buying new HP with W10 Home OEM SSD or regular HD. Can I deactivate OEM license... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by California 1958, Jan 22, 2020.

1. TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC

I have an old HP laptop with W10 Pro license purchased SSD. Planning on buying new HP with W10 Home OEM SSD or regular HD. Can I deactivate OEM license on new laptop after registering. Swapping the SSD from my old laptop to the new laptop and activate the license without going through a clean boot. I have the key for the W10 Pro license.

:)

California 1958, Jan 22, 2020

2. Transfering my Windows SSD to a new PC

I have a digital license of Windows 10 Pro linked to my Microsoft account. I will be upgrading to a new PC and was wondering if I could simply physically transfer my m.2 SSD to it. Would there be any problems? Practically every component will be new except
    for the SSD and a couple of HDDs

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

JamesPalabay, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC

Hello, pretty soon I will be building a new computer with completely different hardware. Is there a process I have to do in order to transfer my SSD with my current OS (Windows 10) on to the new PC? Or can i just plug my SSD in and it will recognize all
    the new hardware?

JuniNguyen, Jan 22, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC

Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC

Hi Juni

You can transfer that SSD to the new PC, when Windows boots, you will see 'Getting Devices Ready' while Windows installs any new device drivers required, then it sill boot to the Desktop

You should then go to Device Manager and manually install any drivers Windows could not install automatically

However, there is a licencing issue . . .

Is your Windows 10 licence based on an OEM licence (came pre-installed on a PC) or Retail (purchased separately to a PC)

If it is a Retail licence, then it will have transfer rights to a new PC, if it is OEM it will not . ..

DaveM121, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC

1. TRANSFERRING WINDOWS 10 PRO SSD TO NEW A NEW PC - Similar Threads - TRANSFERRING PRO SSD

2. Transfer Windows 10 PRO to a new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer Windows 10 PRO to a new PC: Hello I'm building my new PC and I am wondering if it is technically and legally possible to transfer my Windows 10 PRO license from one or both of my old laptops. Scenario 1: I've bought a laptop with Windows 8 preinstalled on it. I know that this is OEM and not...
  3. Transferred Windows to new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferred Windows to new SSD: So I have 2 HDD and a new M.2 and I used one for years for Windows but I just got the M.2 and transferred windows 10 to it. All my hard drives are working but I cant figure out how to access any of my programs like Chrome and my old pictures. How do access them with out...
  4. Windows 10 transfer to a new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 transfer to a new SSD: I have a old HDD that has windows 10 and I have got a whole new pc but that is the only piece I brought over from my old set up to keep windows 10, I purchased a SSD and heard that I have if I have my windows 10 connected to my Microsoft account there was a way to transfer...
  5. Transfer windows 10 pro to new pc

Transfer windows 10 pro to new pc: I have a digital license on a pc im going to sell. it is tied to my microsoft account. It is a OEM from DELL. Can i deactivate and then transfer this license to a new pc?...
  6. windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc

windows 10 Pro upgrade transfer to new pc: Hello, I have a different variant of questions I have seen people ask. I have a new HP that is 1 month old that is getting swapped out for a new one this week. It came with 10 Home and I bought an upgrade and applied it. Now I have the new PC coming this week which will...
  7. Transfering SSD with Windows 10 to new PC

Transfering SSD with Windows 10 to new PC: My Hp Probook 470 G4 recently stopped working. I would be able to easily take out the m.2 drive. Now I'd like to ask if it's possible to transfer the drive with the data on it into a new system. I read that the license wouldn't transfer. Would I be able to just buy another...
  8. Transferring Windows 10 Pro to new PC

Transferring Windows 10 Pro to new PC: Hello, I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my computer, which I am fairly sure I got by upgrading from Windows 8 Pro, which I purchased to upgrade from the Windows 8 Home that came installed on my computer. I will be moving to a new computer fairly soon, and would...
  9. Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring a SSD With OS on to a new PC: Hello, pretty soon I will be building a new computer with completely different hardware. Is there a process I have to do in order to transfer my SSD with my current OS (Windows 10) on to the new PC? Or can i just plug my SSD in and it will recognize all the new hardware?...
  10. Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro upgrade transfer to a new computer or SSD: I upgraded to Windows 10 pro and then the power button on my laptop stopped working. Is it possible to take that license and use on a new computer? In the same vein, if I upgrade my computer to windows 10 pro, and then I decide to move everything to a SSD, how do I move...