Windows 10: Transferring Windows 10 to a new PC Build

Discus and support Transferring Windows 10 to a new PC Build in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am building an entirely new gaming PC and was wondering if when I'm done with it will I be able to download Windows 10 and transfer my license to it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TOG Avenged7x, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Transferring Windows 10 to a new PC Build

I am building an entirely new gaming PC and was wondering if when I'm done with it will I be able to download Windows 10 and transfer my license to it? I cannot seem to locate the Windows 10 USB drive that I initially installed windows 10 with 2 years ago. Is there a way to download it without the USB? I plan on giving my current pc to my friend and he is aware he will have to purchase a license key but I need to get windows 10 to the new PC when the build is complete.

:)

TOG Avenged7x, Feb 2, 2020
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 2, 2020
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Transferring Windows 10 to a new PC Build

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Transferring Windows 10 to a new PC Build

1. Transferring Windows 10 to a new PC Build - Similar Threads - Transferring Build

2. I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...: For reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-building-a-new-pc-and-i-would-like-to-transfer/a555fc8e-d099-4c79-a680-0f9834dedba3
  3. I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...: For reference: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-building-a-new-pc-and-i-would-like-to-transfer/a555fc8e-d099-4c79-a680-0f9834dedba3
  4. I'm building a new PC and I would like to transfer the Window's license from my old laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer Windows License to new build?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Windows License to new build?: I'm building a new computer and am trying to figure out if my existing windows license will work on the new computer and if I can upgrade to Win 11. Or do I need to buy a new license. I bought a full retail version of Win 7 Pro initially, and upgraded to Win 10. I'd like to...
  6. Transfer Windows License to new build?

Transfer Windows License to new build?: I'm building a new computer and am trying to figure out if my existing windows license will work on the new computer and if I can upgrade to Win 11. Or do I need to buy a new license. I bought a full retail version of Win 7 Pro initially, and upgraded to Win 10. I'd like to...
  7. Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building: I am trying to download Windows 11 on my Mac to transfer with a USB key to a PC we are building. It is not working. It downloaded, we transferred it over to a USB and attempted to install and no such luck. I'm not sure if it downloaded correctly, because it stopped in the...
  8. Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building

Help downloading Windows 11 on a Mac to be transferred to a PC we are building: I am trying to download Windows 11 on my Mac to transfer with a USB key to a PC we are building. It is not working. It downloaded, we transferred it over to a USB and attempted to install and no such luck. I'm not sure if it downloaded correctly, because it stopped in the...
  9. Transferring Windows to a new PC build?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows to a new PC build?: I want to transfer my current windows license to a new PC. It is an entirely new, separate build. I know my product key, and that is a retail version, not OEM, but I don't know how I would go about transferring it, or if it's even possible....
  10. Transferring Windows to a new PC build?

Transferring Windows to a new PC build?: I want to transfer my current windows license to a new PC. It is an entirely new, separate build. I know my product key, and that is a retail version, not OEM, but I don't know how I would go about transferring it, or if it's even possible....