Windows 10: Transferring windows 10 to another PC

Discus and support Transferring windows 10 to another PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am thinking about building a new Desktop PC and I was wondering if it's possible to use my actual windows 10 license on the new PC? I bought the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezpower, Jul 24, 2020.

1. rezpower Win User

Transferring windows 10 to another PC

I am thinking about building a new Desktop PC and I was wondering if it's possible to use my actual windows 10 license on the new PC? I bought the old laptop from HP and do not remember if I paid for a Retail or OEM license ! But this is what I get when I run the bellow command:

Transferring windows 10 to another PC [​IMG]

Also if it is possible to transfer the windows 10 from laptop to new PC how do I extract and find out the product key from the laptop?

:)

rezpower, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Transferring win 10 to another pc

Hi DuhAdmin!

Here is a step by step guide to transferring a license, if yours is eligible for transfer.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

I don't want to lose anything in translation, so I figured giving you this link would be the best bet. GroovyPost is legit and can be trusted.

Let me know if this helps!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Transferring windows 10 to another PC - Similar Threads - Transferring another

2. How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer files, folders and apps from one account to another.: Hello! I am going to log out of the microsoft account I am on right now and I am going to log into another account, I wanted to know how to send all my files and folders and apps to my other account. I have seen many people ask how to do this but all the questions and replies...
  3. Transfer linked Windows 10 license to another Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer linked Windows 10 license to another Microsoft account: Hello, I have a Windows 10 license linked to my Microsoft account. However, I have used this email for secondary purposes, including for creating accounts for websites that I don't even use or remember. Basically as a scrap email. And I don't want to use this scrap email...
  4. Can I transfer an EA game from one EA account to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer an EA game from one EA account to another?: Hello, I have registered over 10 games on my EA account. Unfortunately it happened that I did not register this one game on the EA Account where most of my games are registered, but it is registered as the only game on a second EA Account. Now every time I want to start...
  5. I am transferring my copy of Windows 10 to a USB drive to install on another computer. Will...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I am transferring my copy of Windows 10 to a USB drive to install on another computer. Will...: Hi, I am currently in the process of moving Windows to another motherboard, and would like to know if, after I put Windows on my USB stick, will I still be able to use Windows on the original computer, granted without the product key. Thanks!!...
  6. Transferring the Users from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring the Users from one drive to another.: I got a new HDD and i would like to move my existing User to that new drive. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-the-users-from-one-drive-to-another/f0bb506e-2d91-4bc5-9461-0efe31c2d568
  7. Transfer files & Windows 10 Pro to another hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer files & Windows 10 Pro to another hard drive?: I apologize if this is the wrong sub! Basically, my Windows 10 Pro and some other personal files are on a smaller SSD, and I just bought a bigger SSD. Is there a way for me to transfer my Windows 10 Pro OS from the smaller SSD to the bigger SSD without having to reinstall...
  8. If i put my microsoft account in another pc al apps and virus is transfer to my new pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i put my microsoft account in another pc al apps and virus is transfer to my new pc?: I have a windows 10 and a new pc if i put my account in the new pc all apps and virus transfer to my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-put-my-microsoft-account-in-another-pc-al/aad63df8-7875-47b8-8dc3-5eed8186fe64
  9. I need to switch accounts and transfer everything from one account to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need to switch accounts and transfer everything from one account to another: Hi, I have three problems, I use Windows 10 right now. One, I need to delete my old account becuase I think it may be corrupt. The reason why is because my Windows Defender will not scan. It won't even start the timer. Two, I need to transfer files and apps from my old...
  10. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...