Windows 10: Transferring windows 10 to another PC

Discus and support Transferring windows 10 to another PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am thinking about building a new Desktop PC and I was wondering if it's possible to use my actual windows 10 license on the new PC? I bought the old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rezpower, Jul 24, 2020.

1. rezpower Win User

Transferring windows 10 to another PC

I am thinking about building a new Desktop PC and I was wondering if it's possible to use my actual windows 10 license on the new PC? I bought the old laptop from HP and do not remember if I paid for a Retail or OEM license ! But this is what I get when I run the bellow command:

Transferring windows 10 to another PC [​IMG]

Also if it is possible to transfer the windows 10 from laptop to new PC how do I extract and find out the product key from the laptop?

:)

rezpower, Jul 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Transferring win 10 to another pc

Hi DuhAdmin!

Here is a step by step guide to transferring a license, if yours is eligible for transfer.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/transfer-windo...

I don't want to lose anything in translation, so I figured giving you this link would be the best bet. GroovyPost is legit and can be trusted.

Let me know if this helps!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Transferring windows 10 to another PC - Similar Threads - Transferring another

2. How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?: I bought a new laptop and I need to shift my windows 11 pro upgrade to this new laptop. How we can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-a-window-11-pro-upgrade-from-one/91d6ab7b-6a03-4d1a-98d4-bf8db4d5834b
  3. How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer a window 11 pro upgrade from one laptop to another?: I bought a new laptop and I need to shift my windows 11 pro upgrade to this new laptop. How we can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-a-window-11-pro-upgrade-from-one/91d6ab7b-6a03-4d1a-98d4-bf8db4d5834b
  4. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: I am having windows volume license. I want to change this license to another company name. what is the procedure for this company name change.ThanksSudhakar Shanmugamoorthy...
  5. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: I am having windows volume license. I want to change this license to another company name. what is the procedure for this company name change.ThanksSudhakar Shanmugamoorthy...
  6. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

7. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: Can I transfer my windows volume license to another company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-my-windows-license-account-to/ba6fa5e4-bac1-49f7-99de-6894090f7587
  8. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i transfer my windows license account to another company: Can I transfer my windows volume license to another company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-my-windows-license-account-to/ba6fa5e4-bac1-49f7-99de-6894090f7587
  9. how can i transfer my windows license account to another company

10. win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.: I have a windows 10 computer that is used under my account since new, but user is my wife. It has been hers for years now. I bought her a new windows 11 computer and I want to get all her work, files and programs onto the new computer after she registers it under her MS...