Windows 10: Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk

Discus and support Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My wife uses a laptop with 32MB emmc for bootdisk. I installed a 256MB ssd because windows 10 needs additional room to be able to update. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChetV, Jul 23, 2020.

1. ChetV Win User

Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk

My wife uses a laptop with 32MB emmc for bootdisk. I installed a 256MB ssd because windows 10 needs additional room to be able to update.

How do I transfer Windows 10 to the SSD to boot from the SSD. The recovery partition on the emmc was deleted.

Is there a way to download Windows 10 and activate using the original 25 digit key?

:)

ChetV, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

can i transfer hard disk Windows 10 to another pc

Hello Jason,

Hard disk can be transferred on another machine depending on the license that your device has. For us to help you with your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• We'd like to know if your device came with a Windows 10 pre-installed Operating System?
    • Is your hard disk will be considered as a secondary storage on the other machine?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check this article for more information regarding your query:

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Aug 3, 2020
  3. jason8572 Win User
    can i transfer hard disk Windows 10 to another pc

it did though it was not registered and never bothered to input the key it came with so currently the win 10 installed is unregistered

and it would be primary hardrive

jason8572, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk

Hard disk slow transfer speed

Hi Marcus,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• In which drive are you transfer the files?
    • What is the hard drive format that you are using?
    To check the hard drive format, press Windows key + R, type
    diskmgmt.msc and press Enter.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I recommend you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue is still same, try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to connect the external hard drive to the system and run check disk to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk

1. Transferring windows 10 to new hard disk - Similar Threads - Transferring hard disk

2. Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows to new Hard Drive?: I have a laptop that came with Windows preinstalled. I recently bought a SSD to replace the HDD with, but I don't have any ability to clone the old hard drive to the new. I have all the files I need, but I don't want to have to buy Windows again. Is it possible to transfer...
  3. Windows 10 won’t recognise hard disk after transferring system to a new case

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won’t recognise hard disk after transferring system to a new case: I transferred my working system to a new case using exactly the same hardware, plus an additional SATA SSD. The HDD is now not being recognised and the system is telling me to initialise it. I haven’t done this as I don’t want to loose the data. Is there a way to recover it?...
  4. Transfer old hard disk to new computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer old hard disk to new computer?: Hello, I would like to transfer my HDD with Windows and all games to my new PC (different CPU, different board and RAM), because the game installations take hours with my internet. Can I take over this without problems or do the drivers overlap? Alte Festplatte in neuen...
  5. New hard disk how do I install/transfer my windows 10

New hard disk how do I install/transfer my windows 10: I think my hard disk is going to go. How can I put my windows 10 on to a new hard disk. I only have details of my os license etc not a disk ?...
  6. How to transfer programs from one hard disk to a new hard disk in the same PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to transfer programs from one hard disk to a new hard disk in the same PC?: The short version is how do I transfer program files like Microsoft Office from one HD to another HD that are on the same computer. Once transferred the first HD will be removed and discarded because it is damaged. If this HD and PC completely failed I would have to do these...
  7. Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive

Transfer windows 10 to new hard drive: Windows 10 was installed on my computer when i bought it, about to upgrade hard drive, how do i get window10 on new drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-10-to-new-hard-drive/8416286a-0f0e-412a-a166-567a3667d147
  8. Transfer Windows to a new disk

Transfer Windows to a new disk: I successfully migrated Windows 10 and all my apps to a new SSD in my Dell laptop. It has one strange quirk, however. On reboot, it downs to command line notices, each saying "Checking media... fail."" Then it restarts and works beautifully. What is that all about and how...
  9. Transfer Windows 10 and Microsoft Office to new hard disk ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer Windows 10 and Microsoft Office to new hard disk ?: I have windows 10 it came with my laptop (I think its an OEM version) and Microsoft Office 2013 (purchased) . My laptop's harddisk is currently giving problems. I plan to buy a new hard disk , I have two options: 1) Clone harddisk data to new hard disk 2) Reinstall...
  10. Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.

Installing Windows 10 to a new Hard Disk.: A few weeks ago, I downloaded the Media Creation Tool and created a Windows 10 Recovery disk and used it to do a clean install of my W10 upgraded installation on my desktop. It went well. Now I find I would like to put W10 on my Win 7 Acer laptop and plan to remove the...