Windows 10: Transferring windows from 1 drive to another

Discus and support Transferring windows from 1 drive to another in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently bought a Samsung 860 evo 500gb and I wanted to know if i could transfer windows and all its files to the Samsung 860 evo from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nyan_cat_9808, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Transferring windows from 1 drive to another

Hello,

I have recently bought a Samsung 860 evo 500gb and I wanted to know if i could transfer windows and all its files to the Samsung 860 evo from my current 250gb ssd, without having to buy a new windows license.

Thank you for your help!

:)

Nyan_cat_9808, Jan 4, 2020
  2. little cat, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Try3, Jan 4, 2020
  4. LonGun Win User

Transferring windows from 1 drive to another

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Transferring windows from 1 drive to another

1. Transferring windows from 1 drive to another - Similar Threads - Transferring drive another

2. transfer data from 1 computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    transfer data from 1 computer to another: I am currently trying to transfer data from one computer to another,,I copied items to a disc and put in new computer, but nothing happens,,,,,,what is going on,,, this use to be so easy...
  3. transfer data from 1 computer to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    transfer data from 1 computer to another: I am currently trying to transfer data from one computer to another,,I copied items to a disc and put in new computer, but nothing happens,,,,,,what is going on,,, this use to be so easy...
  4. How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.: I recently purchased an NVMe drive and I'm trying to transfer the windows installation to that drive. I've already transferred all the data and recovery partitions using MiniTool partition wizard, and I've changed the boot priority to the new drive in BIOS but it's still...
  5. How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.: I recently purchased an NVMe drive and I'm trying to transfer the windows installation to that drive. I've already transferred all the data and recovery partitions using MiniTool partition wizard, and I've changed the boot priority to the new drive in BIOS but it's still...
  6. How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Transferring the Users from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring the Users from one drive to another.: I got a new HDD and i would like to move my existing User to that new drive. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-the-users-from-one-drive-to-another/f0bb506e-2d91-4bc5-9461-0efe31c2d568
  8. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  9. cant transfer photo from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant transfer photo from one drive to another: cant transfer photo from one drive to another folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-transfer-photo-from-one-drive-to-another/1f454e8d-a2bd-469a-9987-e4d206b66fb5"
  10. Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering Hard Drive from one computer to another: I have an old computer that has win 10 on a SSD. I'd like to transfer the old SSD to a completely new rig and get rid of the old hardware. How do I do it?...