Windows 10: Transferring Windows Key to another PC

Discus and support Transferring Windows Key to another PC in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey all! So I'm basically looking to move onto another system. Had to many issues with my current one. A friend donated a pc with a newer UEFI mobo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Vellaura, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Vellaura Win User

Transferring Windows Key to another PC

Hey all!

So I'm basically looking to move onto another system. Had to many issues with my current one. A friend donated a pc with a newer UEFI mobo and cpu.

I was just wondering how I'm supposed to transfer my Windows over as my current key is embedded onto my current motherboard.

As in it activates automatically once I connect to the internet. Thank you

:)

Vellaura, Mar 2, 2021

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 2, 2021
  4. Transferring Windows Key to another PC

W10 licence transfer. What happens if I change/upgrade my PC later on?

On the contrary, I'd rather not have to think about it at all! It ought to be this simple...

1. Register with Microsoft for free Windows 10 upgrade.
    2. Provide evidence that you are a current legit Windows 7/8/8.1 user.
    3. Receive a new Windows 10 product key.
    4. Download Windows 10 from Microsoft.
    5. Clean install Windows 10 to computer.
    6. Use new key to activate.
    7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 when transferring to new computer.

I really don't understand why it needs to be any harder than that!

wiggly1uk2000, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Transferring Windows Key to another PC

1. Transferring Windows Key to another PC - Similar Threads - Transferring Key another

2. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC: Hi,I just sold my motherboard and processor but took my SSD with my bootable copy of Windows 10 Pro.The thing is, I was not able to deactivate my old license using the old PC but I still have my SSD which I am also planning on replacing.What do I need to do?Thanks!...
  3. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC: Hi,I just sold my motherboard and processor but took my SSD with my bootable copy of Windows 10 Pro.The thing is, I was not able to deactivate my old license using the old PC but I still have my SSD which I am also planning on replacing.What do I need to do?Thanks!...
  4. Windows 10 Pro License Key Transfer to another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  6. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows to a another PC: I'm unsure if this falls under "Install and upgrade".So I'm in the middle of buying parts for my brand new gaming desktop + monitor.I unfortunately noticed that I bought the CD version of Windows 10.keeping in mind that monitor and desktop does not have a CD Driver- and also...
  7. Transfer Windows to a another PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Transferring Windows Key to another PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Transferring Windows Key to another PC: Hey all! So I'm basically looking to move onto another system. Had to many issues with my current one. A friend donated a pc with a newer UEFI mobo and cpu. I was just wondering how I'm supposed to transfer my Windows over as my current key is embedded onto my current...
  9. Transferring a Windows 10 lic. key to another PC

Transferring a Windows 10 lic. key to another PC: I have a Windows 10 Pro PC, which has become unstable - I cannot get to a point where I can display the Product ID in the Device Specifications window. I would like to use this Product ID to upgrade Windows 10 on another PC with Windows 10 Home installed. How can I retrieve...
  10. transfer windows key to another computer

transfer windows key to another computer: My windows 10 computer has failed. How can I use my validation key on a replacement computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-key-to-another-computer/c01b5de2-8f9f-4472-b3f6-66e257ba7c58"