Windows 10: Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Discus and support Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi Few months back i purchased the retail license of windows 10 pro from microsoft site and install the same on my laptop. Now there is some problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by RahulPundlik, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Hi

Few months back i purchased the retail license of windows 10 pro from microsoft site and install the same on my laptop. Now there is some problem with my existing laptop and need to buy a new one. Can I transfer this license from this old laptop to new laptop? If i go to my account in microsoft windows site i can see an option to remove my current laptop so if i remove my current laptop then will I be able to install and acitave windows 10 pro on my new laptop

:)

RahulPundlik, Aug 28, 2019

2. License Transfer from old to new laptop

HI All,

I had a old laptop with windows 10 pro activated (Along with microsoft account linked). Then i brought a new laptop with windows 10 home activated.

Now i want to transfer the windows 10 pro license to my new laptop.

1. I don't have the old laptop with me as i have exchanged it with the new one (But before that i have deleted the old account and license from the old laptop, so i don't have the old product key)

2. Now i have linked my old old microsoft account in my new system but it doesn't changed to windows 10 pro it still windows 10 home.

Please help regarding this.?Thanks in advance.

swapnadarsanmoharana, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Vakariis Win User
    Windows 8.1 license transfer from old laptop to new laptop with Windows 10

I wanted to know if there is a way to transfer my windows 8.1 license from my old laptop to my new laptop with Windows 10 which is currently not activated. My Microsoft account is connected on both laptops but the license doesn't transfer and gives a 0xC004F213
    error - windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Is there a way to transfer my old license and how?

Vakariis, Aug 28, 2019
  4. VeeDee84 Win User

Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

transfering Windows 10 digital license to new laptop.

I have Windows 10 Home on my old laptop, which was upgraded from windows 7. I now wish to buy a new laptop and transfer my digital license to the new laptop and i am planning to junk the old laptop. How do i go about it?

VeeDee84, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

1. Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop - Similar Threads - Transferring license old

2. Transferring from old broken laptop to new.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring from old broken laptop to new.: My old laptop no longer boots. The cursor shows up and moves around, but nothing else happens. What is the best way to get files off of the old hard drive? Cand I simple hook up my new laptop to my old with a USB cord and access the old drive that way?...
  3. Transfer files from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer files from old to new laptop: I am wanting to transfer wanted files, documents downloads and else from my old Dell Latitude E7450 damaged but working laptop to my newer Dell Latitude 7490. Is there a smart way to do this besides using a flashdrive and manually loading them onto it and then dropping them...
  4. Transfer from old to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer from old to new laptop: Not sure this is the right forum for this but if not please point me in the right direction. I currently have an 8 year old laptop running Win 10 Pro x 64 and MS Office 2013. It is not capable of running Win 11 when it is released.I am considering the purchase of a new laptop...
  5. Transferring installation from old laptop to new laptop.

Transferring installation from old laptop to new laptop.: I wanted to transfer OS from old laptop to new laptop in a virtual hard drive dual booting. The reason to do this is that I had some old legacy programs that I still use but would be unable to reinstall as no longer available. Old laptop was AMD 10. New one I7 with optane...
  6. transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10

transfer from old laptop to new laptop in windows 10: how to transfer files from old laptop to new https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-from-old-laptop-to-new-laptop-in-windows/dcea54a4-2b16-4836-89ba-d41ac607e81d
  7. Transfer photos from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer photos from old laptop to new laptop: I have over 7000 photos in file explorer on my old Toshiba laptop - What is the simplest way to copy these files to my new laptop - Both operate Windows 10 - Any advice gratefully received. ***Modified title from: COPY PHOTOS FROM ONE PC TO ANOTHER***...
  8. Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro License Transfer from old laptop to new: Hello, I have a windows pro license in an old laptop and I want to transfer it to my newly bought laptop so I won't have to pay twice in getting windows 10 pro. How do I go about this?...
  9. migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop

migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop: My wife and I have 2 laptops 1st one: Dell Studio, bought in 2009, originally had windows vista license then I purchased windows 8 license in 2013 then got a free upgrade to widows 10. 2nd one: Fujitsu lifebook bought in 2011, originally had Windows 7 then we got a free...
  10. Windows 8.1 license transfer from old laptop to new laptop with Windows 10

Windows 8.1 license transfer from old laptop to new laptop with Windows 10: I wanted to know if there is a way to transfer my windows 8.1 license from my old laptop to my new laptop with Windows 10 which is currently not activated. My Microsoft account is connected on both laptops but the license doesn't transfer and gives a 0xC004F213 error -...