Windows 10: Transferring Windows license: What happens to the old PC?

Discus and support Transferring Windows license: What happens to the old PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If I have a PC purchased from the manufacturer, which comes with an OEM license for some Windows 10 edition installed on it, then I upgrade it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OYRC, Dec 24, 2018.

1. OYRC Win User

Transferring Windows license: What happens to the old PC?

If I have a PC purchased from the manufacturer, which comes with an OEM license for some Windows 10 edition installed on it, then I upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro or Education or Enterprise etc. using a product key, and then I want to transfer this license for the upgraded version to a different PC somewhere down the line (using the method outlined in this article for example), then what happens to the old PC? Is it possible to revert it to the OEM license for the Windows 10 edition that it originally came with, or is it bound to remain unactivated until a new product key is used on it?

Is there any difference between cases depending on which edition the OEM license or product key is for?

Regards,

:)

2. Transfer digital license from old PC to New one.

You would have to first ensure the Digital License is linked to your Microsoft Account. See instructions how to do that. You can then use the Troubleshooter on the new computer after installing Windows 10 to restore the license.

Please note, if your license was upgraded from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 7 license, it is not transferable.

See:

Andre Da Costa, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Transferring Windows license: What happens to the old PC?

Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Transferring Windows license: What happens to the old PC?

1. Transferring Windows license: What happens to the old PC? - Similar Threads - Transferring license happens

2. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC: I have an old PC with Retail Windows 10 upgraded from windows 8 installed and digitally linked to my Microsoft account outlook email. I assembled a new PC new device name and would like to transfer this license to this new PC. Based on the advice from the community, I login...
  3. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC: I have an old PC with Retail Windows 10 upgraded from windows 8 installed and digitally linked to my Microsoft account outlook email. I assembled a new PC new device name and would like to transfer this license to this new PC. Based on the advice from the community, I login...
  4. Cannot transfer windows 10 license from old PC to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc: I have deactivated the digital license from old pc installed the new windows version to my new pc . I log in my microsoft acc and in my new pc its still showing not activated. Even if i run pc audit it shows my l25 character license key entered . As soon as i rest old pc or...
  6. Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove windows digital license from old pc to transfer it to new pc: I have deactivated the digital license from old pc installed the new windows version to my new pc . I log in my microsoft acc and in my new pc its still showing not activated. Even if i run pc audit it shows my l25 character license key entered . As soon as i rest old pc or...
  7. License transfer from old PC

License transfer from old PC: Hi there,I'm trying to transfer a windows license from my old PC to my new one.My current PC has Windows 10 Home while my old PC has Windows 10 Pro.I've tried contacting support but it doesn't give me the required help.When asking to speak to somebody it encounters an...
  8. Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC

Transfer an OLD windows license Retail version to a newly purchased PC: Hi I recently assembled a new PC and installed windows10 Pro. Presently the window is not activated. I have an OLD laptop purchased 6 years back with a windows 8.1 Now recently upgraded to windows10 single language. Surprisingly when I run the code slmgr /dli in old...
  9. What happens to the old PC after a license transfer?

What happens to the old PC after a license transfer?: I recently purchased a PC running Windows 10 Home. I have another PC which originally ran Windows 8, and which I purchased a Windows 10 Pro license on. I am planning to transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new PC. Is there any way to revert the old PC to Windows 8 or...
  10. What happens to digital license on old machine

What happens to digital license on old machine: Hello, I am building a new machine in the next few days. I have a digital license for Windows Pro 64 bit on the old machine. When installing Win10 64 bit on the new machine I'd like to use that digital license to get the Pro features. So, what happens to the old...