Windows 10: Transferring Windows/Office licenses with bricked computer

Discus and support Transferring Windows/Office licenses with bricked computer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My PC has finally kicked the bucket. While I'm in the process of building a new one, I was curious as to my options for transferring my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jim9162, May 21, 2020.

1. jim9162 Win User

Transferring Windows/Office licenses with bricked computer

Hello,

My PC has finally kicked the bucket. While I'm in the process of building a new one, I was curious as to my options for transferring my Windows 10 and MS Office licenses to the new computer.

Doesnt seem like my product keys are listed on my account, is it feasible to do so if my original computer is completely inoperable?

Thanks!

:)

jim9162, May 21, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 21, 2020
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 21, 2020
  4. jacobacci Win User

Transfer Office 365 license that came with machine to new owner

In March 2019 I bought a Trekstor Surfbook that came with a 2 year license for Office 365. This license is listed in my Microsoft account as being valid until March 2021.
    Now I am selling the machine and I would like to transfer the Office 365 license to the new owner.
    Can someone enlighten me how to achieve this?
    Thanks a lot

jacobacci, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Transferring Windows/Office licenses with bricked computer - Similar Threads - Transferring Office licenses

2. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  3. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer license to another computer: Hello! I recently moved to another country and left my desktop computer. I have laptop, i installed windows and want to transfer the license from old one wich i don't have access to to new laptop. I removed the old computer, which has a valid licensed copy of windows, and i...
  4. Transfer license to another computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Office transfer between computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office transfer between computers: I want to transfer Office 2013 from one laptop to another. The other laptop has Office 2007. Then I want to buy Office home and student 2019 for the second laptop. How is this done?...
  6. Transferring license to new computer?

Transferring license to new computer?: So I noticed I can change my product key. I am currently using windows 10 home, but I can get windows 10 education for free thru university, and I heard it is better than windows 10 home. Would I be able to change the product key to the one for windows 10 education, and then...
  7. Office License Transfer

Office License Transfer: I purchased a Dell computer with Windows 10 and a Microsoft Office license. I work for a local chamber of commerce and they paid me back for the computer purchase. Each year I am personally billed for the Office license. How can I transfer ownership of that license to them...
  8. transfer windows and office to another computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    transfer windows and office to another computer: Hi My surface 3 tablet broke and cannot be used. I would like to transfer the Windows 10 PRO and the Office 2013 installations from it to another computer (ASUS laptop). can this be done and how? note that the original computer is inaccessible...
  9. Transfer office to new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Transfer office to new computer: How is it done? Or do I buy new? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/transfer-office-to-new-computer/559abeba-13b6-454e-a0ed-b7aa6dba83a1
  10. New computer: transfer license

New computer: transfer license: My antique pc died today and I'm now working on a new HP Pavilion which came with Win 10 Home. I have a recent iso DVD of Win 10 Pro and plan on installing it. How can I transfer my license? 86181