Windows 10: Transferrring games from parent account to child account

Discus and support Transferrring games from parent account to child account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I messed up. My child asked me for permission to buy Minecraft for Windows 10, and I thought I granted it. Clearly I got a wire crossed somewhere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Crimson 0M3N, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Transferrring games from parent account to child account

So I messed up. My child asked me for permission to buy Minecraft for Windows 10, and I thought I granted it. Clearly I got a wire crossed somewhere because looking at Minecraft in the store on my child's profile shows that it must be bought. Looking on our Microsoft accounts, it looks like I bought the game for me, instead of for my child's account.

So in summary: I have no interest in the game, the kid wants the game, I have the game, and he doesn't. Can I somehow "give" him the game? If so, how does one accomplish this?

:)

Crimson 0M3N, Sep 10, 2018
  2. TomBrad95 Win User

add parent to exisitng child account

If you are talking about my family then you don't add the parent to the child account you add the child to the parent account. First go to windowsphone.com and sign in using the parent account, then in the top right corner click my family, there should
    then be steps on how to activate my family and how to add the children.

TomBrad95, Sep 10, 2018
  3. child account

See if this helps:

Set up My Family on the Windows Phone website

My Family on the Windows Phone website is the way to turn on app and game downloads for a child's phone. If the child has a Windows Phone 8, you'll also be
    able to manage their app and game download settings, including game ratings, on the My Family page.

To set up My Family, you'll need to sign in with both the child's and the parent's

Microsoft account
    email address and password. Then you can accept the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use so the child can download apps.

If you want the child to be able to download Xbox games as well, you'll need to go to the
    Xbox website and accept the Xbox Terms of Use on their behalf. This is separate from the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use.

Running into issues? See
    My Family FAQ
    for answers to some common setup questions.

Note

My Family is only available for Windows Phone 8.

To set up My Family so a child can download apps and games

• On your computer, go to
      My Family
      on the Windows Phone website.

• Sign in using the parent's
      Microsoft account
      email address and password. If the parent doesn't have a Windows Phone, that's fine—you can still set up My Family. If the parent doesn't have a Microsoft account, you'll have a chance to create one.

• On the My Family setup page, click Get started.

• To add the child to My Family, click Go. On the sign-in page, enter the child's Microsoft account email address and password. If the child doesn't have a Microsoft account, click

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Fix it and follow the instructions to accept the Windows Phone Store Terms of Use. Now the child can download apps from the Windows Phone Store.

• To enable the child to download Xbox games as well, go to Xbox.com, sign in with the child's account, and follow the instructions to accept the Xbox Terms of Use.

Tip

You can also add another parent to My Family so both parents can jointly manage kids' settings. Go to the My Family home page and click
    Add a parent. Parents won't be able to change each other's settings.

To change app download settings for a child
    You can set whether or not a child can download apps and games from the Windows Phone Store and which game ratings you want the child to be able to view and download.

• On your computer, go to windowsphone.com.

• In the drop-down menu under Explore, click My Family.

• Sign in using the
      Microsoft account
      you use to sign in to your phone.

Note

If you're already signed in to windowsphone.com, you'll see your name, not
      Explore, at the top of the drop-down menu, and this sign-in step will be skipped.

• On the My Family home page, next to the child's name, click Change settings, and then do any of the following:
      • To allow the child to purchase apps and games, under App+game downloads, select
        Allow free and paid.
      • To allow the child to download only free apps and games, under App+game downloads, select
        Allow free only. This will also prevent the child from making in-app purchases, even from within free apps.
      • To prevent the child from downloading any apps or games, under App+game downloads, select
        Don't allow.
      • To set the most mature game rating you want the child to be able to browse or download, turn on the
        Game rating filter. To go to the Microsoft Family Safety website and change the rating, click
        Change rating.
      • To allow the child to browse and download unrated games, select the check box next to
        Allow unrated games. (Some unrated games might have content you'd rather the child not see.)
      Note

When the Game rating filter is turned off, the game rating settings are hidden. Turn it on to reveal them.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Transferrring games from parent account to child account

How do i change the DOB (date of birth/birthdate) for a child account through the parent account? How do you do Option 3?

Hi,

If the birth date on a Microsoft account says that it belongs to a child, there are different steps to take in regions such as the United States of America and the Republic of Korea, and other regions that regulate what children can do online. Here is what
    to do when you are a parent trying to change your child's birth date:

• Using the parent's Microsoft account, sign in to your
      Family
      page on the Microsoft account website.
    • Select Manage my child's profile info.
    • For the child’s account that you want to change, select Edit this child's personal info and then follow the instructions.

For additional help, you may find the instructions to this question by following the links below:

Regards.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Transferrring games from parent account to child account

1. Transferrring games from parent account to child account - Similar Threads - Transferrring games parent

2. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  3. Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Minecraft parent purchase for child accounts: Hi,I've purchased Minecraft Deluxe bundle for my kids to use. I can install it on their accounts using Microsoft Store, but as Minecraft now requires Minecraft Launcher to launch the game previously it was a separate app you started; Minecraft Java Edition it is no longer...
  4. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  5. How do I replace a parent account with a child account

How do I replace a parent account with a child account: How can I replace my parent account with my child, both accounts are mine and over 21, I just need to delete the parent account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-replace-a-parent-account-with-a-child/9d241022-a97b-4497-850b-ff9b8959affe
  6. Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's: How to move a game from parent's Microsoft account to child's account? I bought a game using my account, and the game is available only in my account, and my son doesn't have access to his Minecraft. Is there any possibility to move the game to my son's account? I don't want...
  7. Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's

Moving Minecraft from parent's account to child's: How to move a game from parent's Microsoft account to child's account? I bought a game using my account, and the game is available only in my account, and my son doesn't have access to his Minecraft. Is there any possibility to move the game to my son's account? I don't want...
  8. Child account not linked to her parent's

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account not linked to her parent's: Hi everyone, I created a Skype account for my daughter some time ago. I don't remember exactly the steps I followed, but I'm almost sure it asked the procedure asked for my her father permission at a certain point. I'm now reviewing our Family Group and I find she is in a...
  9. Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Parent purchase for child accounts: Hello, If I purchase Minecraft, can my lined children accounts access the game from their devices? Any links that can explain teh process will be helpful. Thanks, Anand...
  10. Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...: Hi, Several years ago when making an Xbox account for the first time, I had to have my dad create a parent Microsoft account to help manage my profile. The years have passed and I am now a 21 year old adult. However, my Microsoft account and therefore Xbox account does...