Windows 10: Transitioning from one hard drive to another with the same digital license

Discus and support Transitioning from one hard drive to another with the same digital license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello there, My Windows license is a digital one because I got the free upgrade from Windows 7. I plan to upgrade my existing hard drive with a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by uncutdan, Nov 22, 2019.

1. uncutdan Win User

Transitioning from one hard drive to another with the same digital license

Hello there,

My Windows license is a digital one because I got the free upgrade from Windows 7. I plan to upgrade my existing hard drive with a new one, and I have both installed at the same time. I have created a bootable usb drive with the installation media on it.

The problem I see is that when it comes time to sign into the new installation of Windows on the new hard drive, my old installation and account are on the same computer (motherboard). What issues might this cause? Because I may have to boot back into the old installation several times before I completely transition to the new one.

Please reply with any questions that need clarification on this! Thank you.

:)

uncutdan, Nov 22, 2019

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Transitioning from one hard drive to another with the same digital license

little cat, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Transitioning from one hard drive to another with the same digital license

1. Transitioning from one hard drive to another with the same digital license - Similar Threads - Transitioning hard drive

2. Can I transfer a digital license from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer a digital license from one computer to another?: I tried searching for a solution but found nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-digital-license-from-one-computer/2db3ef70-e5b0-45fd-bbb9-6eae11129d8a
  3. Transferring a Digital License from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a Digital License from one PC to another: Here's the situation: I have a two PCs. One with Windows 10 Pro activated digitally, linked to MS Account and another with Windows 11 Home Single Language that came preinstalled. Can I upgrade Windows Home in second PC to Windows Pro and transfer my license from my first PC?...
  4. Transferring a Digital License from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring a Digital License from one PC to another: Here's the situation: I have a two PCs. One with Windows 10 Pro activated digitally, linked to MS Account and another with Windows 11 Home Single Language that came preinstalled. Can I upgrade Windows Home in second PC to Windows Pro and transfer my license from my first PC?...
  5. How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?: I have a registered version of Windows 10 on my secondary hard drive (E) but on my main hard drive (C), I dont. How can I transfer the registration from E to C? submitted by /u/_Pigface [link] [comments]...
  6. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another: Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and...
  7. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another: Hi. I have a question. I had two laptops from different manufacturers. Both were bought pre-installed with Win7 Ultimate and Win7 Home and Certificate of Authority Label with Product Key. Since the purchase, both devices have been consistently updated to Win8 - Win10 Pro and...
  8. Transferring a digital license from one laptop to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. how to Transfer digital license from one pc to another laptop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to Transfer digital license from one pc to another laptop?: I have a desktop computer that has windows 10 pro with a digital license. I bought a new laptop that came with windows 10 home. so how can I transfer the digital license from my computer to the laptop and upgrade it to windows 10 pro?...
  10. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...