Windows 10: Translating from Latin and Greek

Discus and support Translating from Latin and Greek in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a problem which I am hoping Windows 10 has a solution for. The book I am trying to get through (see scan) was first published in the nineteenth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pyrus, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Pyrus Win User

Translating from Latin and Greek

I have a problem which I am hoping Windows 10 has a solution for. The book I am trying to get through (see scan) was first published in the nineteenth century. This was a time when most well-educated people would have been taught Latin and Greek. So the author, when quoting ancient authorities in these languages, did not see the need to translate.

The Latin I could cope with by typing into Google Translate...though that would be laborious for extended quotes. The Greek is more problematic. I suppose I could use Special Characters in Microsoft Word, letter by letter, then copy/paste into Google Translate, but that would take an age.

Is there a quicker way? I am using a desktop PC (running MS Office 2010) with attached scanner. I have an android phone if that helps.

Translating from Latin and Greek [​IMG]

:)

Pyrus, Aug 26, 2019
  2. von kain Win User

GPU-Z Translation: Greek

i would do the Greek/ancient Greek translation *Toast :toast:

von kain, Aug 26, 2019
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Using a Greek Keyboard - cannot put in the 'tonos' over a letter!

I'm not familiar with Greek layout, but apparently there are several possibilities... Latin, Greek, Greek 220, Greek 319. Have to select the right layout, or find ; in your layout.

You have all layouts listed and shown here:

docs.microsoft |en-us/globalization/windows-keyboard-layouts

Translating from Latin and Greek [​IMG]

AndreTen, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Translating from Latin and Greek

I activated the greek keyboard in Windows 10 but having trouble with accented characters ?

Hi Thomas,

To better assist you with this concern, may we know the following:

• Is this the first time that you encountered this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • On which application are you trying to use Greek keyboard?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check your computer's Region & language if Greek is already added.

Thank you.

Desiree Yau, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Translating from Latin and Greek

1. Translating from Latin and Greek - Similar Threads - Translating Latin Greek

2. Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Is half greek and half english US after changing from greek display language to...: * Note: Also when i click the "Home" Tab that explorer window just crashes. And so, yeah. . . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-is-half-greek-and-half-english-us-after/fbe324e9-6538-4681-9555-326c139f5380
  3. Stop Windows from translating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Windows from translating: Hi, this is driving me crazy, is it possible to stop Windows from translating app names?I use Windows with the English language and want it that wayexclusively in English, however, I am from Sweden and use a Swedish keyboard.Windows is translating app names and app content...
  4. Stop Windows from translating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Windows from translating: Hi, this is driving me crazy, is it possible to stop Windows from translating app names?I use Windows with the English language and want it that wayexclusively in English, however, I am from Sweden and use a Swedish keyboard.Windows is translating app names and app content...
  5. Non-Latin Fonts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Non-Latin Fonts: [ATTACH] i've been searching this for days, but is there any way to change the Non-Latin Fonts? the fonts sucks so bad its even looks like a bitmap fonts. note that i already use MacType, so font rendering is not the problem here....
  6. Kazakhstan Latin alphabet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Kazakhstan Latin alphabet: Qazaqstan Kazakhstan is changed alphabet on the Latin base so I have a question, how to introduce the ABCnet latin alphabet to the latin keyboard paket. This is very convinuent to type on the Qazaq Kazakh language by use International keyboard US. I noted for example that the...
  7. Latin to Cyrillic transliteration

Latin to Cyrillic transliteration: Hey, i was curious: is there an option to enable latin>cyrillic transliteration? For example, if i will type "Pryvit", i would like to see on screen "Привіт" Ukrainian or something like that. Thanks....
  8. Greek Universal (Old Greek) keyboard not available?

Greek Universal (Old Greek) keyboard not available?: Hi everyone, For a customer I need to install a Greek Universal keyboard, but it isn't listed when I download the greek keyboard. Is there another way to install this Universal greek keyboard? Now I have only Greek 220, 319 and polytoon. The customer (greek teacher) said...
  9. Polytonic Greek

Polytonic Greek: I have added the Greek polytonic keyboard but I cannot seem to get certain characters. I want to be able to add a breathing mark and accent to an individual letter, combining ά and ἀ. Looking at the onscreen keyboard, I can see it is possible to combine some breathing marks...
  10. translator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    translator: I am trying to add a translator to notepad or to use in windows 10 - got the one for Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_books/translator/408a587f-4801-4704-9178-153e5baaa3b7