Windows 10: Translation issues, I could really need your help

Discus and support Translation issues, I could really need your help in Cortana to solve the problem; Those of us having installed more than one language have "Language Community" in FBH, and it's simply not good enough. I would appreciate your upvote... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LokeAashamar, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Translation issues, I could really need your help

Those of us having installed more than one language have "Language Community" in FBH, and it's simply not good enough.
    I would appreciate your upvote both from bilinguals and others.

Link to Feedback Hub Post

Are you aware of how much time some of us spend translating windows? For months the scrollbar in "history" has been unavailable. The past few years Windows has been machine translated. It's working surprisingly well English to Norwegian, but we need a way to report meanings that can be word by word translated but without making any sense. English and Norwegian are both within the western Germanic language group and still we get serious errors due to translation . For months privacy settings in "Network" actually was private for public and public for private. Errors like that may put users units at risk. I wonder what it looks like for languages with totally different morphology, syntax and structure. Computers are nothing but a device to ease communication. Language is communication. How can you expect to ease communication if the basic isn't being treated correct and with respect?

Thank you in advance

Loke Aashamar

:)

LokeAashamar, Jan 28, 2019

2. Bing translator with windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

Let me keep you informed, to translate any text through Bing translator in Internet Explorer, you just have to follow two simple steps as follows:

• Select the text you want to translate.

• Right click on the selected text and select the option translate with Bing.

As of now the option to set Bing Translator to the Edge is not available.

I suggest you to use the feedback app in the insider and send your thoughts directly to the team building Windows.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 28, 2019
  3. WIn 10 and IE 11 Google translate reports translating site but nothing happens.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to add the Google translate website in compatibility mode and check if it helps:

Follow the steps:

• Open internet explorer.
    • Click on ALT key in key board.
    • Click on tools tab
    • Select compatibility view settings
    • Add the website
    • Click ok.
    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Divya Murugan, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Translation issues, I could really need your help

Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Translation issues, I could really need your help

1. Translation issues, I could really need your help - Similar Threads - Translation issues really

2. I really need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  3. I really need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I really need help: Can anyone help me please I have been struggling with this laptop for over a year I can't turn on my wifi I even bought a USB modem hsdpa to be exact but when I put it in it's says no usim and says authenticating then disconnects can anyone help...
  4. I really need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I really need help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I really need help!: Hi everyone, i recently started my laptop and it said that EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD Is missing or contains errors. I even tried to boot from usb but that thing still pops up and when i try to boot from CD, my computer restarts and...
  6. I really need your help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I really need your help.: So, I simply cannot access the Windows Update Update tab and when I look at it from the main settings tab it's all greyed out. What I suspect is, I had ransomware, so I did a reset, but my PC sometimes still acts like it has security issues. (Can't access stuff until I change...
  7. I really really really need help with this

I really really really need help with this: Hey i accidentally switched to a microsoft account instead of local on my laptop (windows 10, im pretty sure its the latest version) and just so happened to turn off my computer some time afterwards but i dont remember my microsoft password, it shows the reset password option...
  8. I really need your help please !

I really need your help please !: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jotaro_Bridge_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f8hwww/i_really_need_your_help_please/
  9. I really need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I really need help: This is kind of long, but here goes. So one day, I forcefully shut down my PC because my ram was acting up and I blue screened. I shut it down, but when it turned back on, it was saying that it was it was preparing automatic repair, and I thought, ok, whatever, its cool...
  10. I really need your help!

in Windows 10 Support
    I really need your help!: I ve just moved to a new place and I have no internet cable yet so now I have to use my father in law's wifi connection. He has a pretty big and powerful router with a strong signal. The problem is that the router started to crash after I connected my computer. I can use the...