Windows 10: Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections

Discus and support Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I point the mouse over something, be it desktop icons, mozilla buttons etc, I get this translucent focus. How do I get rid of it? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by johneric, Mar 15, 2016.

1. johneric Win User

Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections

Whenever I point the mouse over something, be it desktop icons, mozilla buttons etc, I get this translucent focus. How do I get rid of it?

Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections [​IMG]

:)

johneric, Mar 15, 2016

2. Selecting desktop gives a white outlined box instead of blue transparent box

FYI:

And the specific setting is "Show translucent selection rectangle" - To be enabled.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Selection Rectangle Wierdness

Dear Microsoft Helpdesk

Please be helpful *crosses-fingers* *does rain-dance*

What I am running

Attached is a screenshot of System

Issue

I have an issue with the selection rectangle cursor it doesn't have a translucent rectangle

What I have tried

(Un/re)selecting "Show translucent selection rectangle" and (re)applying.

Selecting the radial button "Let Windows choose what's best for my computer" and (re)applying

Changing Themes

Resetting PC

Clean Install

Updates?

No more to do =)

Replicate?

System -> System Properties -> Performance Options -> Check “Show translucent selection rectangle” -> Click and drag the desktop as shown in ‘image.png’

TLDR?

See “image.png” attachment

See “system.png” attachment

--

Thanks,

Parker Scannell, Mar 15, 2016
Thema:

Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections

1. Translucent focus rectangle when hovering over selections - Similar Threads - Translucent focus rectangle

2. HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...: In this screenshot, at the very bottom right after ", 84 people found this reply helpful" there is an invisible nearly translucent box that I noticed a couple of days ago, that begins right before "Was this reply helpful? Yes " just before the "No". When I hover over the box...
  3. HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...: In this screenshot, at the very bottom right after ", 84 people found this reply helpful" there is an invisible nearly translucent box that I noticed a couple of days ago, that begins right before "Was this reply helpful? Yes " just before the "No". When I hover over the box...
  4. HELP! Translucent Rectangle On My Desktop Visible in any application window; When hovering...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Translucent Selection Rectangle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Translucent Selection Rectangle: When I do this: system->advanced system settings->performance settings->un-check "show translucent selection rectangle" My desktop shortcuts still show a "translucent selection rectangle". How can I stop getting a "translucent selection rectangle" when my pointer is over...
  6. Hide or show translucent selection rectangle in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hide or show translucent selection rectangle in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]When you select an area on your Windows desktop, the space gets highlighted with a semi-transparent blue color. On other occasions, the Desktop appears, completely transparent with a dotted outline marking its borders. In this post, we will show you [...]...
  7. How to change translucent Selection Box Rectangle color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change translucent Selection Box Rectangle color in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The rectangular translucent box that appears when you left click, and drag it around items is called the Selection box. It allows you to drag, and select multiple items on the desktop or any folder. The default color or the box, [...] This post How to change...
  8. Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows How to Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows The translucent selection rectangle is the box you see when you left click and hold, and then drag the pointer over...
  9. Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows: How to: Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows How to Change Color of Translucent Selection Rectangle in Windows The translucent selection rectangle is the box you see when you left click and hold, and then drag the pointer over items to select them...
  10. Still no way to disable "Show Translucent Selection Rectangle"?

in Windows 10 Support
    Still no way to disable "Show Translucent Selection Rectangle"?: Just to note, it only works on the desktop. *Sad

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rectangle box around desktop shortcuts when hovering