Windows 10: Translucent Icons on desktop

Discus and support Translucent Icons on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do I get rid of the translucent desktop icon and return it to a check box? Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mrs Moose, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Mrs Moose Win User

Translucent Icons on desktop

how do I get rid of the translucent desktop icon and return it to a check box? Thanks

:)

Mrs Moose, Sep 24, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Translucent Icons on desktop

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Translucent Icons on desktop

1. Translucent Icons on desktop - Similar Threads - Translucent Icons desktop

2. Still no translucent taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still no translucent taskbar: It has been several months, since about February, that a Windows update disabled the ability to make the taskbar transparent/translucent. I have posted about that repeatedly in the community forum, and through Windows Feedback. Several other users have also noted that they...
  3. Still no translucent taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still no translucent taskbar: It has been several months, since about February, that a Windows update disabled the ability to make the taskbar transparent/translucent. I have posted about that repeatedly in the community forum, and through Windows Feedback. Several other users have also noted that they...
  4. Translucent TB not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Translucent TB not working: I downloaded Translucent TB a few weeks ago and it work for a while but after a few weeks the taskbar appeared again.. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app several times and it didnt work. I dont really remember if this started after an update on windows. I am using this...
  5. Translucent TB not working

Translucent TB not working: I downloaded Translucent TB a few weeks ago and it work for a while but after a few weeks the taskbar appeared again.. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app several times and it didnt work. I dont really remember if this started after an update on windows. I am using this...
  6. Translucent TB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Translucent TB: I've recently updated my windows 11 however came with it my translucentTB not working anymore i've tried reinstalling and restarting my PC but nothing works would like to ask if this problem is on window's side of things or in the app itself...
  7. Translucent TB

Translucent TB: I've recently updated my windows 11 however came with it my translucentTB not working anymore i've tried reinstalling and restarting my PC but nothing works would like to ask if this problem is on window's side of things or in the app itself...
  8. Icons: 2 issues: Translucent boxes instead of shortcut arrows AND small icons in large...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons: 2 issues: Translucent boxes instead of shortcut arrows AND small icons in large...: I've increased the size of my icons using ctrl + mouse-scroll-wheel to 119x119 (I believe). I've also succesfully changed the shortcut arrow to a translucent icon ( %windir%\System32\shell32.dll,-50 ). But: Some of my icons will randomly become small 48x48 sized icons...
  9. Translucent Selection Rectangle

in Windows 10 Customization
    Translucent Selection Rectangle: When I do this: system->advanced system settings->performance settings->un-check "show translucent selection rectangle" My desktop shortcuts still show a "translucent selection rectangle". How can I stop getting a "translucent selection rectangle" when my pointer is over...
  10. Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows How to Turn On or Off Translucent Selection Rectangle on Desktop in Windows The translucent selection rectangle is the box you see when you left click and hold, and then drag the pointer over...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. software to make apps on desktop transluscent