Windows 10: Transparency / Blur effects not working, please help

Discus and support Transparency / Blur effects not working, please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have the transparency effects turned on and even the registry value showblurbehind is set to 1. Still no blur on the action center, no blur on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cursedsoulofgods, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Transparency / Blur effects not working, please help

I have the transparency effects turned on and even the registry value showblurbehind is set to 1. Still no blur on the action center, no blur on sidebars, no blur on the log on screen.

Anyway to force the blur effects??

submitted by /u/cursedsoulofgods
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cursedsoulofgods, Aug 6, 2020

2. Disable blur effect - not transparency

I have been trying the registry hack for this and it works until restart. I prefer the transparency without the blur. Here's a screen of the start without blur. Anyone had any luck getting the no blur effect to stick? Even with restart?

Transparency / Blur effects not working, please help [​IMG]

dnasystems, Aug 6, 2020
  3. ASOwnerYT Win User
    Fluent design / transparency blur effects not working properly

After I applied and disabled the 'ASUS' theme in Settings > Personalization > Themes, the transparency blur effects stopped working properly. The taskbar is semi-transparent with no blur effect (I can drag a window bellow the taskbar and see the window),
    and the start menu and apps don't have a transparency effect at all. I have tried disabling and reenabling the transparency option in Settings > Colors, Tried going in the registry and playing around with the transparency and blur values (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Themes\Personalize),
    and I didn't make a restore point before this happened.

Device details:

ASUS TUF FX505D

Windows version 1903

If you need any more details, just ask.

Thanks.

ASOwnerYT, Aug 6, 2020
  4. ASOwnerYT Win User

Transparency / Blur effects not working, please help

Fluent design / transparency blur effects not working properly

Thanks for trying to help, but you didn't read my question properly.

I have already tried everything above. It didn't work. Again, the problem is that the taskbar is semi-transparent, but with no blur effect. And there is no transparency effect in the start menu and Windows apps like it were before.

This was after applying the built-in 'ASUS' theme and then applying a different theme.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ASOwnerYT, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Transparency / Blur effects not working, please help

1. Transparency / Blur effects not working, please help - Similar Threads - Transparency Blur effects

2. Transparency effects not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparency effects not working: I have turned on transparency effects but none of my apps like settings, file explorer, photos, taskbar are becoming translucent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-effects-not-working/1b0d0f0b-1d7a-44fb-8a16-69eb700db17a
  3. Transparency effects not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transparency effects not working: I have turned on transparency effects but none of my apps like settings, file explorer, photos, taskbar are becoming translucent. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-effects-not-working/1b0d0f0b-1d7a-44fb-8a16-69eb700db17a
  4. Transparency effect broken, please help. It used to be transparent and a bit blurred wich...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparency effect broken, please help. It used to be transparent and a bit blurred wich...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ZalsusBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnkrrz/transparency_effect_broken_please_help_it_used_to/
  5. Help regarding Transparency effects not working

Help regarding Transparency effects not working: When I turn on transparency effects, it gets applied only on the Taskbar and nowhere else (start menu, apps, action bar) Accent color and everything else works fine. I am running the latest version and updated to 20H2. Drivers are updated as well Here are my specs Acer...
  6. Transparency effects not working.

Transparency effects not working.: I recently picked up the HP Envy 15 and am I liking it a lot so far. However, Windows 10 is for some reason missing transparency across the board everywhere except the Taskbar. The setting is turned on, the visual effects are turned on, and the registry keys are all correct...
  7. Transparency Effects not working

Transparency Effects not working: Screenshots here I can't seem to get transparency effects to work. It's happened since updating to the insider 20H2 build, which I know is an insider build but it doesn't seem to be affecting anyone else over there. This happened a couple of months ago too, but the issue...
  8. Transparency Effects Not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transparency Effects Not working: I've found that my transparency effect is not working. The computer is Lenovo Thinkpad Extreme, purchased in Jan, 2019. Windows 10 Pro 1909, Build 18363.592 When it's off [ATTACH] When it's on [ATTACH] Obviously, the Task Bar is working. Does anyone meet the same...
  9. Fluent design / transparency blur effects not working properly

Fluent design / transparency blur effects not working properly: After I applied and disabled the 'ASUS' theme in Settings > Personalization > Themes, the transparency blur effects stopped working properly. The taskbar is semi-transparent with no blur effect I can drag a window bellow the taskbar and see the window, and the start menu and...
  10. Disable blur effect - not transparency

Disable blur effect - not transparency: Is there a way in Windows 10 to disable the blur effect but keep the transparency. (I know there was one in the early builds of Windows 10 when Microsoft was testing the blur effect. ) 31621