Windows 10: Transparency PNG file turns black

Discus and support Transparency PNG file turns black in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every piece of artwork I have and use game design has a transparent background saved as a PNG file. New computer Acer, Windows 10,all drivers are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ScottChristian1, May 21, 2020.

1. Transparency PNG file turns black

Every piece of artwork I have and use game design has a transparent background saved as a PNG file. New computer Acer, Windows 10,all drivers are updated, eliminated cache, changed file name, moved file location, and all ten other ideas I've read online. None of them work. And worse yet, when I import the artwork into Photoshop, the black background carries with it - not good if the artwork is black and white!

When I load the file into photoshop, I can save it with a transparent background. It saves as a transparent background can see the image appear in the file. Then, approximately three seconds later it turns it black. Crazy thing is when I first got the new computer it didn't do this. Transparency worked fine. And judging by the other hundred comments I've seen, this is not a new problem. It looks like this:

Transparency PNG file turns black 92f8c42b-68f8-4c74-92ce-0a709d2b5457?upload=true.jpg

To this...

Transparency PNG file turns black 8954256a-cc48-4d73-a863-5c8ebe3c426c?upload=true.jpg

Has anyone found a workaround? Please please please help. I cannot continue my work until this is solved. Thank you.

:)

ScottChristian1, May 21, 2020
  2. kouzou Win User

Transparent Borders BUG with the new 'Title Bars Colour' feature

Oh thanks for the suggestion.
    I will try that out and I hope it works for me too.

kouzou, May 21, 2020
  3. Suhidu Win User
    Photoshop: Creating Transparent Images

• PNG supports Alpha Transparency, that is that the image can have different levels of alpha (or opacity) throughout.
    • GIF supports transparency too, but any part of the image can only be either transparent or opaque. There is no gradual shift, no "Alpha" level to adjust. (And transparency eats into 1/256 of your available colors.)
    • JPEG supports neither form of transparency.
    Internet Explorer did not support transparency in PNGs until IE7, I believe that it would show black instead of the page behind the PNG image. It did, however, support PNGs. (Which are still a great way to achieve a non-lossy, high-color image. (even without transparency))

Suhidu, May 21, 2020
  4. Transparency PNG file turns black

Transparency function

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution on your concern regarding transparency function, we need the following information:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • Could you possibly send us a screenshot of your transparency effects page?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Transparency PNG file turns black

1. Transparency PNG file turns black - Similar Threads - Transparency PNG file

2. JPEG SVG and PNG displaying with black background and not whiter "transparent' in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPEG SVG and PNG displaying with black background and not whiter "transparent' in windows 11.: JPEG SVG and PNG displaying with black background and not whiter "transparent' in windows 11. I am not in dark mode. files are set to open with photos and when open show fine but icons are all black backgrounds making it hard to see to pick. please help. I have read endless...
  3. JPEG SVG and PNG displaying with black background and not whiter "transparent' in windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPEG SVG and PNG displaying with black background and not whiter "transparent' in windows 11.: JPEG SVG and PNG displaying with black background and not whiter "transparent' in windows 11. I am not in dark mode. files are set to open with photos and when open show fine but icons are all black backgrounds making it hard to see to pick. please help. I have read endless...
  4. Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Background of transparent .png images are black in Windows explorer: I have transparent background .png image files stored in my OneDrive and a second copy saved locally on my desktop. I am using both a 2019 MS Surface Laptop and separate tower Tower with Windows 10 with all windows updates. In Dark Mode both laptop and tower: When I...
  5. Have No PNG Transparency

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have No PNG Transparency: All of my PNGs that have a transparent background are just converted to a black background and it is messing up a lot of programs for me. I have spent 6 hours looking for a fix, does anybody know one? submitted by /u/WellThatsWhack [link] [comments]...
  6. Background and transparency in my PNG files?

Background and transparency in my PNG files?: Hello everyone Years ago, i made som pictures in MS Paint and saved them as PNG. I was now wondering, if the pictures have a background or any transparency. The files are bit depth 24. They do not have any tRNS chunks. They do not have any bKGD chunks. So it is safe to...
  7. Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Point issues with importing PNG files with transparent backgrounds: I'm having a lot of trouble importing PNG files to a power point presentation. They look find on the computer screen, but the background prints as black or green depending on the printer even thought the back ground is transparent in the PNG files. See attached image of a...
  8. Transparent background black

Transparent background black: I've had this problem for sometime. Where my transparent background in my thumbnails are black. With black lines it's almost impossible to even see what the pictures is. [ATTACH] I have not trouble viewing them in photos [ATTACH] If someone can help me with this...
  9. png images are black with black background

png images are black with black background: I cannot see png images in Windows10 Photo App because they turned black when the text is also black. This issue occurs when I want to view transparency images such as png,gif. The same problem with the png file icon on file explorer and .eps files. In case I try to open...
  10. The PNG file gets a black box as a bakground

in Windows 10 Customization
    The PNG file gets a black box as a bakground: Hi When I use a PNG with a transparent background it gets a black box around it, I have tried a lot of things to fix the image, from re-saving it to re-downloading it, but nothing seam to work. [IMG] Despite this, the image looks transparent in the background settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows viewer turns png transparency black