Windows 10: Transparent box on desktop

Discus and support Transparent box on desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A transparent box with a think blue border keeps on appearing on my desktop screen and when i minimize a tab the screen glitches out and shows a cut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HaaniMahmood, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Transparent box on desktop

A transparent box with a think blue border keeps on appearing on my desktop screen and when i minimize a tab the screen glitches out and shows a cut out of the tab i just closed, however when I screenshot this only the border appears so I've attached a picture from my phone too along with a screenshot of the just the border. My suspicion is that I need to reinstall my gpu drivers, however I'm not 100% sure so any help would be appreciated.

(also restarting does not fix the issue)

Transparent box on desktop [​IMG] Transparent box on desktop 21234817-5e2e-4d5c-9890-eda279af61fe?upload=true.jpg Transparent box on desktop e592e3f6-a6d5-4d1e-8025-e87472cc837d?upload=true.jpg

:)

HaaniMahmood, Sep 5, 2018

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Eddy_993 Win User

Transparent box on desktop

Selecting desktop gives a white outlined box instead of blue transparent box

When selecting items on the desktop, it is simple white outlined box. I remember it being a blue transparent box. I'm no longer sure is it blue??? Selecting items though file explorer gives a bluish box. How can I change it back to normal?

When selecting with the pointer, I get the following white outlined box:

Transparent box on desktop 9a035ee1-a3c1-48c0-9d77-abb3c874939a.png

Any thoughts?

Eddy_993, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Transparent box on desktop

1. Transparent box on desktop - Similar Threads - Transparent box desktop

2. Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selection box/area on Desktop is transparent with dotted outline.: As the question says, the selection box/area on the desktop is transparent with a dotted outline as you can see in the image below. Generally it is a blue-ish translucent box. This just happened randomly. Also I have a PC and a Laptop and it has happened on both. Windows 10...
  3. Small transparent box on top left corner

Small transparent box on top left corner: There is a small box on the top left corner. Its not a monitor issue, since it gets shown on all displays if there are multiple monitors connected and the desktop is duplicated (not if they are extended!). [ATTACH]...
  4. Unwanted Black Transparent Box in Bottom Right Corner

Unwanted Black Transparent Box in Bottom Right Corner: After pressing multiple keys on the keyboard at the same time (near the left side) this unwanted box in the bottom right corner appeared on my monitors. I have closed all apps in the task manager and restarted multiple times. I think it has to do with display settings because...
  5. Transparent Calendar on Desktop

Transparent Calendar on Desktop: I have a transparent 4 month calendar displaying on my desktop (which displays random current dates). It does NOT display appointments or events.. It is ONLY a calendar. I don't think it is associated with office 2014, but I don't know. I had webshots installed but have...
  6. Transparent box on screen

Transparent box on screen: Every now and then, a transparent rectangle appears on my screen. When I close a window or app, part of it remains on my home screen within the box. The first picture is without the remains of a window and it is hard to see due to a black background but the second picture...
  7. Unwanted transparent box in corner of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted transparent box in corner of screen: I have an unwanted transparent box that has recently appeared in the top right hand corner of my screen I is always there irrespective of what program I am using Clicking on it does nothing and I cant drag it I am using Bitdefender antivirus and a full system scan has not...
  8. Transparent Windows Boxes

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent Windows Boxes: I have a Microsoft surface pro 3 running windows 10. Recently in programs such as Word or Excel message boxes appear but are completely transparent. For example, if I shut down a Word document a box appears which would usually say Save, Don't Save, Cancel. This box appears...
  9. Transparent desktop icon label background

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent desktop icon label background: When looking for a solution, all I have found is talk about drop shadows. I thought that was my issue until I looked up the definition for drop shadows, and that is not what I am referring to, I believe. I'm sure you all are familiar with this, but I will attach some...
  10. Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. number box on windows desktop screen

2. transparent box on windows desktop