Windows 10: Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after 21H1 update

Discus and support Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after 21H1 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I now have awful Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after the 21H1 update was automatically installed on my computer. As Windows 10 Pro version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vivi S, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Vivi S Win User

Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after 21H1 update

I now have awful Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after the 21H1 update was automatically installed on my computer. As Windows 10 Pro version 2004 ends having updates after December 2021, I am forced to have this horrible version. Why has Microsoft dictated how I have my Start Menu? I had it looking just how I wanted. I can't get coloured icons on the Start now, which used to tie in with my Theme. What a pain!

:)

Vivi S, Aug 9, 2021
  2. Aole4 Win User

Start menu icons are not transparent

Start menu icons are not appearing transparent. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks!

Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after 21H1 update 735b0355-8e57-49b5-988a-dad901e9a9f1?upload=true.png

Aole4, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Eosphotog Win User
    Transparent Start menu icon background?

On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the icon backgrounds as transparent, or at least matching the background color of the start menu. But with transparency turned on, the icon backgrounds are not transparent, but instead the accent color.

It is as if Microsoft said "Hey - ALL icons should be SQUARE - so we will make all icons SQUARE just like tiles, whether you like it or not".

Bleh. So - how does one make the start menu icon background color transparent?

Eosphotog, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Transparent Greyed Out Icons on Start Menu after 21H1 update - Similar Threads - Transparent Greyed Icons

2. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  3. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  4. No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1?

No more coloured icons on the Start menu after feature update 21H1?: My computer just installed feature update 21H1 over-night and it seems it's disabled the ability to have the icons be coloured in the Start menu? Is there any way to re-enable this? Having all the icons matching the light/dark mode with no accent colour looks absolutely awful...
  5. Start menu icons are not transparent

Start menu icons are not transparent: Start menu icons are not appearing transparent. Any suggestions how to fix this? Thanks! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-are-not-transparent/fba99d81-0235-46b9-887f-b47e9d55258d
  6. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start screen icons have turned grey Not sure what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-some-start-menu-icons-greyed-out/0612f1af-5c10-41c7-be6b-1295bfd0a9df
  7. Text & icons in start menu greyed out

Text & icons in start menu greyed out: Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance. You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command prompt method. Though after the process was complete I discovered that there was a problem with my start menu. All the text &...
  8. Transparent Start menu icon background?

Transparent Start menu icon background?: On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the...
  9. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start menu icons appear greyed out, although I can still click on them and they work fine, just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it, have already tried sfc /scannow no errors found Also tried rebuilding icon cache as per here How to reset the icon cache...
  10. Start menu "greyed out" after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu "greyed out" after Creators update: So, my start menu greyed out after Creators update, - https://i.gyazo.com/c17e75bb1a743d38...897d67e5d2.png What can I do about it? Please help, need advice. I tried reboot, switch start menu settings, end explorer.exe process and start it again - didn't help. 81254

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 21h1 translucency