Windows 10: Transparent windows?

Discus and support Transparent windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to change the windows to transparent like I have on Windows 7. I did a quick search and tried a couple of things designed for Windows 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulpicks21, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Transparent windows?

I would like to change the windows to transparent like I have on Windows 7. I did a quick search and tried a couple of things designed for Windows 8.1 but they didn't work.

Anyone found any programs or methods to make windows transparent in 10 yet?

:)

paulpicks21, Oct 4, 2014

2. Re: Effects not working on 5800?

The only thing I see different is the transparency. The transparency is theme dependent. You need a transparency enabled theme to get that effect. The music bar will also only show if you have music player open.

You can get transparency enabled themes on DailyMobile. I am not sure which themes are transparency capable except the 5530 themes available there as I am too lazy to check out the thread for transparent themes. Its too long. LOL.

chanchan05, Oct 4, 2014
  3. Fresh Paint transparent background

I am also trying for a transparent background. When in the Images tab, I do not see a transparent option. What does the transparent option look like?

HeatherAlden, Oct 4, 2014
  4. Transparent windows?

Besides using the feedback app ?
    No *Sad

ThrashZone, Oct 4, 2014
  5. Vipermk2 Win User
    I'm glad I'm not the only one looking to make it like Win 7, it looks bloody awful again.

Vipermk2, Oct 6, 2014
  6. Hi and welcome to TenForums,
    I wouldn't exactly call it looking like 7 but simply adding the basic customizing options that are included in 7 by default,

win-10TP seems a step forward but not very far possibly to work out the bugs... but 8-8.1 were so narrow in settings it took third party hacks to finally bring back basic customizing,
    That shouldn't be necessary 8-8.1 were Too mobile leaning and designed for the disastrous Slate which is nothing more than a low powered large cell phone that could be used as a phone *Smile

Surface with more power didn't help windows glass or transparent windows because it's a mobile device and relies on a battery so windows glass is again sacrificed for Microsoft's new flag ship device,

Use the feedback app and tell them to bring back Windows Glass/ transparency we have no battery issues on a desktop unless it's a backup battery so when the power lines are down *Biggrin

ThrashZone, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Transparent windows?

1. Transparent windows? - Similar Threads - Transparent

2. MS Paint secondary color is broken. Eraser and transparent select are white after changing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Paint secondary color is broken. Eraser and transparent select are white after changing...: Note to moderators: I was FORCED to miscategorize this post because paint was NOT a valid category, and your service will not let me post this without categorization. And so I categorized it as "Windows -> Windows 11 -> Windows update", because that was the most generic...
  3. MS Paint secondary color is broken. Eraser and transparent select are white after changing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Paint secondary color is broken. Eraser and transparent select are white after changing...: Note to moderators: I was FORCED to miscategorize this post because paint was NOT a valid category, and your service will not let me post this without categorization. And so I categorized it as "Windows -> Windows 11 -> Windows update", because that was the most generic...
  4. Transparent black border keeps showing up behind inactive windows in Window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transparent black border keeps showing up behind inactive windows in Window 11: Was using File Explorer last night and noticed this black border kept showing up anytime I selected a different window. Not sure what's causing this, but now it's showing up on every almost every window except whichever window I have active at that moment. Have tried...
  5. Transparent black border keeps showing up behind inactive windows in Window 11

Transparent black border keeps showing up behind inactive windows in Window 11: Was using File Explorer last night and noticed this black border kept showing up anytime I selected a different window. Not sure what's causing this, but now it's showing up on every almost every window except whichever window I have active at that moment. Have tried...
  6. I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...: My taskbar is now transparent. I don't want to have to roll the cursor over my clock to see what time it is or over a window to see which one it is.I installed yesterday's update and it's messed up my display. Going into settings/preferences/colors and untoggling the...
  7. I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...

I updated Windows 11 and now my taskbar is transparent. Going into Settings and turning off...: My taskbar is now transparent. I don't want to have to roll the cursor over my clock to see what time it is or over a window to see which one it is.I installed yesterday's update and it's messed up my display. Going into settings/preferences/colors and untoggling the...
  8. Turn OFF task bar transparency in win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn OFF task bar transparency in win11?: Following update to build 22621.3296 my task bar has gone transparent and has resisted all attempts to make it opaque. Transparency effects in personalisation settings are set to off but the problem persists....
  9. Turn OFF task bar transparency in win11?

Turn OFF task bar transparency in win11?: Following update to build 22621.3296 my task bar has gone transparent and has resisted all attempts to make it opaque. Transparency effects in personalisation settings are set to off but the problem persists....
  10. After an update, my taskbar is suddenly 100% transparent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update, my taskbar is suddenly 100% transparent: Because of this, I can't see items on the task bar, and I can't see items on the desktop underneath.System Transparency Effects is turned off.I can't find any other settings that deal with transparency.How do I reset it so the taskbar is solid, not transparent. Most recent...