Windows 10: Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop

Discus and support Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer crashed unexpectedly, and when it restarted it booted to the autorepair tool. None of the options in the tool work except command prompt.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fatal_Half_Inch, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop

My computer crashed unexpectedly, and when it restarted it booted to the autorepair tool. None of the options in the tool work except command prompt. Reverting to a previous state gives an error, loading an image gives an error, running diagnostic gives an error.

After trying to use chkdsk through command prompt results in no found problems.

If I don’t have the computer boot to an external usb, it will be stuck in this loop of autorepair tool > any option to attempt a fix > restart > to autorepair tool.

If I boot to the external drive with a windows 10 installer, i can install windows 10, restart, and be taken right back to either the autorepair tool or the external drive.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Fatal_Half_Inch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fatal_Half_Inch, Apr 23, 2020

2. X-Trap Error

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are getting the X-Trap Error on Windows 10. It can possibly be due to the compatibility issues with the PC and the game components. To better assist you with your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Are you able to play other games on the same PC?
    • Have you tried to scan for viruses using an antivirus program on your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter by following the steps on this
    link
    to automatically detect and fix some of the most common compatibility issues.

You may run the game in compatibility mode to make it work on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps below:

• Go to the game folder and right click on the setup file.
    • Click on Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
    • Under the Compatibility mode, check Run this program in compatibility mode for: and select the operating system where the game is compatible.
    • Let the drivers install and launch the game again.

Loraine Mon, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 23, 2020
  4. LimerOS Win User

Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop

Windows 10 Setup BSOD: Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Hello! I want to install the latest Windows 10 Enterprise x86 Evaluation as a 2nd OS alongside
    Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1. However, when I fire up the installer, and the process reaches the "Getting Files ready for Installation" part, a BSOD suddenly pops up:

Error: Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Any suggestions to fix this error? I've never seen any errors in a setup like this.

Probably an unwanted file on the installer's flash drive caused the error? There are some files that aren't parts of the Setup.

LimerOS, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop

1. Trapped in AutoRepair / Windows Setup loop - Similar Threads - Trapped AutoRepair Setup

2. Autorepair Loop after Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autorepair Loop after Installing Windows 10: Help me please, I can’t get out of this blue screen menu. I clicked on ‘command prompt’ but the black box did not come up. Instead I got a message about the system administrator?? It didn’t make any sense because I am the admin on my personal computer. Is there a way to...
  3. Autorepair Loop after Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Autorepair Loop after Installing Windows 10: Help me please, I can’t get out of this blue screen menu. I clicked on ‘command prompt’ but the black box did not come up. Instead I got a message about the system administrator?? It didn’t make any sense because I am the admin on my personal computer. Is there a way to...
  4. Autorepair Loop after Installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows setup looping.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows setup looping.: I was trying to use this software but it didn't support macOS so I downloaded virtual box and installed windows 10. The installation worked fine but as soon as I finished the setup it would just start it again. I've done the setup 5 times and the outcome is always the same....
  6. Windows setup looping.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows setup looping.: I was trying to use this software but it didn't support macOS so I downloaded virtual box and installed windows 10. The installation worked fine but as soon as I finished the setup it would just start it again. I've done the setup 5 times and the outcome is always the same....
  7. Bluescreen to autorepair boot loop

Bluescreen to autorepair boot loop: On Saturday, 6/12/2021, I got a bluescreen in the middle of playing CS:GO. The error was an unexpected_store_exception. I figured, no biggie, sometimes thing just break. I let it restart, where it proceeded to get stuck into a boot loop. There's a few weird things about this....
  8. Autorepair Loop is dumb

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autorepair Loop is dumb: Ok someone tell me to fix this loop or I can't even do my homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorepair-loop-is-dumb/a4b40b70-7f27-49d6-98c0-c5b7c52ae908
  9. Windows 10 Boot Loop stuck at autorepair

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Boot Loop stuck at autorepair: Hi all, Not sure if this was caused by the new Windows update or what. My desktop has been working flawlessly with no issues or concerns. Last night, I powered it off and there was no prompt to update or a scheduled update listed. Tonight, powering it on immediately opened a...
  10. Stuck in autorepair loop when booting

Stuck in autorepair loop when booting: Stuck in auto repair loop when booting windows 10. With auto rpair turned off I get a 0xc0000225 error code. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/stuck-in-autorepair-loop-when-booting/8d475ba8-cf52-44e4-b67a-488246319b2c