Windows 10: Trapped in S Mode

Discus and support Trapped in S Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop. I took it out of S Mode, downloaded several legit programs that are not available in the Microsoft store, and was using my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PoopsieLuvsYou, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Trapped in S Mode

I bought a new laptop. I took it out of S Mode, downloaded several legit programs that are not available in the Microsoft store, and was using my Chrome browser for hours last night. I come home today, and it keeps telling me that I can't use my programs. Even though I took it out S Mode AND spent about 10 hours using programs that are impossible in that mode, it is now telling me that I am in S Mode checked the settings and I'm getting an error message when I try to take it out again. I was absolutely out of S Mode, now I'm absolutely back and cannot fix this.

:)

PoopsieLuvsYou, Jul 7, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Starfola Win User
    How to solve UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP?

1st

Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

2nd

Stop Code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

What failed: N/A

Starfola, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Trapped in S Mode

silverbody, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Trapped in S Mode

1. Trapped in S Mode - Similar Threads - Trapped Mode

2. Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD Windows 10 Premire Pro multiple times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD Windows 10 Premire Pro multiple times: Hi,I keep having problems when using PP but I suspect that these issues are not from PP itself can't be sure of course but from something else in the system.I am using a fully updated Windows 10 except for the super annoying 0x80070643 which I don't know how to resolve -...
  3. Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD Windows 10 Premire Pro multiple times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD Windows 10 Premire Pro multiple times: Hi,I keep having problems when using PP but I suspect that these issues are not from PP itself can't be sure of course but from something else in the system.I am using a fully updated Windows 10 except for the super annoying 0x80070643 which I don't know how to resolve -...
  4. Unexpected kernel mode trap BSOD Windows 10 Premire Pro multiple times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unexpected Kernel mode trap

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unexpected Kernel mode trap: My WIndows 10 laptop has started to apparently randomly crash with a BSOD.The minidump and sysinfo files can be found here.https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvbcAsr1ds0iiTj7n7EGRssTdPgF?e=Z8S35xAny help would be useful....
  6. Unexpected Kernel mode trap

Unexpected Kernel mode trap: My WIndows 10 laptop has started to apparently randomly crash with a BSOD.The minidump and sysinfo files can be found here.https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvbcAsr1ds0iiTj7n7EGRssTdPgF?e=Z8S35xAny help would be useful....
  7. Unexpected Kernel mode trap

8. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP: HelloMy laptop is giving me Unexpected kernel mode trapI tried everything I changed the ram I reinstalled windows Even after a new windows it gives me the errorI had a friend check the minidump and he told me its the intel wifi drivers i downloaded the new one still the same...
  9. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP: HelloMy laptop is giving me Unexpected kernel mode trapI tried everything I changed the ram I reinstalled windows Even after a new windows it gives me the errorI had a friend check the minidump and he told me its the intel wifi drivers i downloaded the new one still the same...
  10. UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP