Windows 10: Trapped in Windows S Mode!

Discus and support Trapped in Windows S Mode! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am currently trying to escape Windows Safe mode. I've followed all the instructions, all the videos. Restarted several times, updated every app I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by walk.nessa13, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Trapped in Windows S Mode!

I am currently trying to escape Windows Safe mode. I've followed all the instructions, all the videos. Restarted several times, updated every app I have. But none of this is the problem. It's that darn 'Get' button on the Store page.

When I go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Switch to Windows 10 Home Store Link, that innocent little blue button mocks me. I click and click and it does absolutely nothing. It turns grey and convinces me that maybe I've done it this time, but then it goes back to blue. There's no message that pops up telling me an error occurred, no loading page. Just greys out and turns back blue. Please help me leave Safe mode. I just want to download Origin and play Sims 4.

:)

walk.nessa13, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Blue Screen - Unexpected Kernal mode trap

Hi Anne,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

This issue may occur when your computer lacks sufficient kernel space to process kernel-mode drivers

To have a better clarity on the issue and guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Were there any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested in the articles listed below and check if it works:

1. Troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    2. Troubleshoot UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
    3. Bug check: UNEXPECTED_ KERNEL_ MODE_ TRAP

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Starfola Win User
    How to solve UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP?

1st

Stop Code: UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP

What failed: nvlddmkm.sys

2nd

Stop Code: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

What failed: N/A

Starfola, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Trapped in Windows S Mode!

How to solve UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP?

Hi Starfola,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• What error message are you getting?
    • Can you provide as the stop code?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors.

You can also try the troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link
    and see if it will work.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Trapped in Windows S Mode!

1. Trapped in Windows S Mode! - Similar Threads - Trapped Mode

2. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  3. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  4. Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...: Whenever these blue screens would happen, most of the time it would chain and after restarting it would hit another BSOD same or different, this would happen twice or thrice in a row, i have tried:- Running sfc /scannow and DISM- Unplugging and plugging the RAM sticks back...
  5. Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...

Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...: Whenever these blue screens would happen, most of the time it would chain and after restarting it would hit another BSOD same or different, this would happen twice or thrice in a row, i have tried:- Running sfc /scannow and DISM- Unplugging and plugging the RAM sticks back...
  6. Blue screen every 30mins - 1 hour System Service Exception, UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Синие экраны смерти unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode...

Синие экраны смерти unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode...: Добрый день! Подскажите, пожалуйста, что делать, если у меня уже третий раз выскакивает синий экран смерти, при чем каждый раз с разным кодом ошибки: unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode expection not handled?...
  8. Синие экраны смерти unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Синие экраны смерти unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode...: Добрый день! Подскажите, пожалуйста, что делать, если у меня уже третий раз выскакивает синий экран смерти, при чем каждый раз с разным кодом ошибки: unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode expection not handled?...
  9. Синие экраны смерти unexpected kernel mode trap, kernel security check failure, kmode...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Blue screen error on Windows 10 - Kernel-Mode-Trap

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen error on Windows 10 - Kernel-Mode-Trap: I have encountered a crash on my PC with a blue screen mentioning Kernel-Mode-Trap as the error message and I am trying to figure out what the problem could be. I have the latest video drivers and I did and SFC scan to make sure everything is fine.I have uploaded the Minidump...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. s-mode dmp

2. trapped in s-mode windows 10

3. trapped in s mode