Windows 10: Trash folder in GMail

Discus and support Trash folder in GMail in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I program my Windows 10 Gmail accounts to empty the trash folders upon exit???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DaveCookXC, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Trash folder in GMail

How do I program my Windows 10 Gmail accounts to empty the trash folders upon exit???

:)

DaveCookXC, Oct 12, 2020
  2. rimit1954 Win User

gmail trash will not empty

following win10 gmail instructions fully to delete gmail trash contents - not working. suggestions welcome. STORAGE onwin10 SUCKSS

***Windows version moved to Apps on Windows 10 by the moderator.***

rimit1954, Oct 12, 2020
  3. bazkurd Win User
    when deleting mail from the phone,it does not go to the trash folder(gmail,e63)

I have Nokia E63 with gmail imap account in the builtin mail client,I set it up to delete mail from the server too when I delete it from my phone,but my problem is:when I delete a message from my phone,I cant see it in the trash folder when signing in
    to gmail via pc.any suggestions?

bazkurd, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Trash folder in GMail

GMAIL folders missing from Windows Mail list of folders

This issue seems to have been going on for years. I've seen lots of posts on different sites but there does not seem to have been any resolution. Essentially, when adding a Gmail account to Windows Mail, not all of the Gmail folders appear, specifically,
    the Sent folder. When looking at the folder list; under [GMAIL] the following folders appear... All Mail, Drafts, Important, Spam and Starred. The key ones, Sent and Trash (from the Gmail server) do not appear. The Windows Mail app creates a Sent Mail
    and Trash folder but these are in Gmail as Imap/Sent Mail and Imap/Trash. When sending an email from the Windows Mail app it does not put a copy in the Sent Mail folder, but it does put a copy in the Gmail Sent folder. But since the Gmail Sent folder does
    not appear at all in the folder list of Windows Mail, you have no access to it without logging in to Gmail via a browser. This has been driving me crazy for about 3-4 years now and I've gone through 2 notebooks and several versions of Windows. I'm on the
    latest Windows 10 version. I've removed and added the Gmail account many, many times and it's had no effect. I've reviewed all my Gmail settings and the folders in Gmail are all set to be viewed (not hidden) so there just doesn't seem to be any resolution.
    Running a troubleshooter is useless as this has been a recurring problem with all versions of the Windows Mail app and Windows OS for as long as I can remember.

I can't believe this issue has not been resolved. If it has, I can't seem to find the solution anywhere. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue?

Thx.

nosrednawf, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Trash folder in GMail

1. Trash folder in GMail - Similar Threads - Trash folder GMail

2. Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.: We recently changed to Windows Mail after Windows Live Mail crashed, losing years of records in the folders. We are finding that emails from WM addressed to Gmail accounts are going straight to Spam or even Trash folders. How do we fix this?Is it a Windows Mail problem or...
  3. Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.: We recently changed to Windows Mail after Windows Live Mail crashed, losing years of records in the folders. We are finding that emails from WM addressed to Gmail accounts are going straight to Spam or even Trash folders. How do we fix this?Is it a Windows Mail problem or...
  4. Windows Mail addressed to Gmail accounts going to Spam or Trash.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Gmail folders empty?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gmail folders empty?: In my Gmail account all the emails placed in my folders has disappeared. I reset the laptop and recent emails placed in folders have also disappeared.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-folders-empty/6d40d8c5-a9e1-4011-918d-5c07ab1cb508
  6. Emptying Trash folder in Windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emptying Trash folder in Windows10: When I empty my trash folder in outlook, all other folders are emptied too, this is the second time this has happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emptying-trash-folder-in-windows10/0ee64f4d-2725-4b33-8a02-2ee2050da776
  7. locate trash folder

locate trash folder: how do I find my trash folder? it isn't on my desktop and im looking for a two month old word document that doesn't come up in any of my searches. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-trash-folder/1edd8735-9360-4cbe-bd83-faf49a06720d"
  8. Trash Folder

Trash Folder: Hi, for whatever reason I no longer show a "Trash" folder AND whenever I left click to delete a file etc my computer kind blinks out, comes back quickly(1-2 seconds) , but the file is still there. Any troubleshoot input is appreciated...
  9. Emptying folder like for trash

in Windows 10 Support
    Emptying folder like for trash: Hello, (on windows 10) I'm looking for a way to empty a folder content like if it was the main trash can. .bat, .reg or shell extension; I didn't found what i want. 114092
  10. Need permission to move folder to Trash

in Windows 10 Support
    Need permission to move folder to Trash: I can't move a folder to the Trash because it says I need permission but under Properties there are three owners (System, myself and my email account [the last one is listed as owner] and each has full access afaik, how can I proceed? P.S. It is a private computer. 95743