Windows 10: Trash not working

Discus and support Trash not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I delete something, it goes to the trash but doesn't appear in the icon. I can't right click the trash icon and empty trash bin, I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheSarahTops, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Trash not working

Whenever I delete something, it goes to the trash but doesn't appear in the icon. I can't right click the trash icon and empty trash bin, I have to double click and open and delete it "manually"

Why is my trash broken? Help fix?

:)

TheSarahTops, Nov 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Trash Bin Disappearence

I tried your suggestion and it did not work right away. However, I kept at it and the trash bin finally appeared. I cannot tell you exactly what I did. Trash bin is back.

thanks

Care Valkanas, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Trash not working

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Trash not working

1. Trash not working - Similar Threads - Trash working

2. Remove Unused Trash from MS Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Remove Unused Trash from MS Store: I downloaded applications from the MS Store that are absolutely useless and wish to delete them from my history. Tell me how to do this, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-unused-trash-from-ms-store/d8d9f242-de6a-4269-ab58-1cfabb21052f
  3. How to disable Outlook's automatic trash/spam sorting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Outlook's automatic trash/spam sorting: Most of my emails go straight to "Trash mails" folder (I don't know if that's the correct translation, I'm not using it in English, but I mean the folder that acts like a Spam folder) and I'd rather sort them by myself and get notification for it than click "Not trash" button...
  4. NOW MSWin will trash your Grub just by booting!

in Windows 10 Customization
    NOW MSWin will trash your Grub just by booting!: You know, I used to think MS were merely incompetent whenever they performed system "updates", in that the updates were just as likely as ever to trash your Grub bootloader. But ***NOW*** all you have to do is BOOT a MSWin partition!!!!! Is it AT ALL possible for you to...
  5. Windows 10 version 1903 is broken/trash, need version 1703 download

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 version 1903 is broken/trash, need version 1703 download: Please help! I need Windows 10 version 1703 installer. Right now i have version 1903 and its like a corona virus it fked up my ethernet and overrall look of it...
  6. Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop: Around the same time as updates were installed some strange things happened, perhaps the least problematic is the appearance of Chromium on my Desktop. I can just delete the icon and / or uninstall the program but before I do I would be grateful for reassurance that this will...
  7. Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Why has Chromium appeared, plus the trashing of my Desktop: Around the same time as updates were installed some strange things happened, perhaps the least problematic is the appearance of Chromium on my Desktop. I can just delete the icon and / or uninstall the program but before I do I would be grateful for reassurance that this will...
  8. Windows 10 Update Trashed my Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Trashed my Internet Speed: My PC updated Windows 10 last night and immediately my internet speed on my PC has dropped to the point it is unusable. The speed on my IPAD and Phone are fine, Just the PC the updated I think to 1909. HELP!!!...
  9. Firefox being trash as usual

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox being trash as usual: All of sudden I cant open firefox, im getting the message "firefox is already running but is not responding, the old process must be closed to open a new window" The problem is that process will not end, theres 3 tasks of firefox open for some reason and 2 will end but one...
  10. One Little Mishap Trashed 4yr Working W10 install Plus 2nd storage HD!

in Windows 10 Support
    One Little Mishap Trashed 4yr Working W10 install Plus 2nd storage HD!: As some of you still here may know I am not a new member for sure but been away for various other including some Personal reasons not to be part of this discussion! But upon a recent development seeing this thread turn into some type of Valueable Reference over time would be...