Windows 10: Traveling and don't have key code to activate WIndows 10 on replacement hard drive

Discus and support Traveling and don't have key code to activate WIndows 10 on replacement hard drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've been traveling and am stuck in Peru for the duration of the Covid-19 quarantine which is not expected to end here until October or later. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SusanS2016, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Traveling and don't have key code to activate WIndows 10 on replacement hard drive

I've been traveling and am stuck in Peru for the duration of the Covid-19 quarantine which is not expected to end here until October or later.

I'm fine but I had to replace my hard drive.

WIndows 10 want my activation code, but don't have key code to activate WIndows 10 on replacement hard drive because I never even thought to bring it with me.
    Microsoft seems unable to call either my Peruvian cellphone or my American Magic Jack number.

How can I activate WIndows 10 without spending $199???

:)

SusanS2016, Jun 12, 2020

2. activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement

How do I activate Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. I tried windows key and X as suggested and find "no administrative" space to fill in. I have my old windows xp disc with a number on it.

KennethPatrick1, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Duyenhip Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jun 12, 2020
  4. linhlz Win User

Traveling and don't have key code to activate WIndows 10 on replacement hard drive

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

Traveling and don't have key code to activate WIndows 10 on replacement hard drive

1. Traveling and don't have key code to activate WIndows 10 on replacement hard drive - Similar Threads - Traveling don't key

2. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive replacement & key code questions: I have an old computer that I need to replace the hard drive on. It came with windows 8 and was upgraded to windows 10 for free somewhere along the way. I do not have an activation key or any way to access that information on this computer because I can’t get back to the...
  3. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive replacement & key code questions: I have an old computer that I need to replace the hard drive on. It came with windows 8 and was upgraded to windows 10 for free somewhere along the way. I do not have an activation key or any way to access that information on this computer because I can’t get back to the...
  4. Hard drive replacement & key code questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Activation after replacing hard drive

Activation after replacing hard drive: Hi! I will be replacing my faulty hard drive with an SSD next week. I am concerned about how reactivation works for this. Is it automatic/free? I have an HP laptop with OEM activation. I have reinstalled Windows before, but never a clean installation on a brand new drive....
  6. Windows activation after hard drive replacement

Windows activation after hard drive replacement: Hello, I had to replace a faulty hard drive on my HP laptop that was shipped with OEM windows 8 home version which was later upgraded to windows 10. After reinstalling the windows home, it is now asking to activate windows fails to get activated automatically. I am able to...
  7. Travelling needed to format, have no activation keys

Travelling needed to format, have no activation keys: I have had to reset all 3 of my laptops in recent 8 months and now none of them have a working product key. I am travelling overseas and do not have any of the original notes, receipts or stickers that might have included the key. I cannot afford to buy 3 new versions of...
  8. activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    activate windows 10 after hard drive replacement: How do I activate Windows 10 after replacing my hard drive. I tried windows key and X as suggested and find "no administrative" space to fill in. I have my old windows xp disc with a number on it....
  9. Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have to replace hard drive will I need the product key to reinstall: I had my computer for 3 years now and the hard drive went bad I don't have the product key will I need to buy one or is there some way of recovering it.Found out the hard drive went bad after I was doing a factory reset and it said it encountered a error and it never worked...
  10. Will Windows 10 Activate If I Replace Hard Drive With New One?

Will Windows 10 Activate If I Replace Hard Drive With New One?: Hi, I have an activated copy of Windows 10 running on my system. I am thinking of replacing my old HHD with a new SSD. I would want to do a clean install of Windows 10. My question is if Windows 10 will activate. Will it know its the same computer after I've replaced the...