Windows 10: Tray App error?

Discus and support Tray App error? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Any suggestions on how to fix the tray app error with windows installation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vodasa, Jan 31, 2019.

1. vodasa Win User

Tray App error?

Any suggestions on how to fix the tray app error with windows installation

:)

vodasa, Jan 31, 2019
  2. skytrails Win User

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Jan 31, 2019
  3. error windows 10 desktop agent tray has stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Tray App error?

I can't figure out how to open the disc tray on my toshiba laptop

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
    • Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
    • Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
    If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

• Open This PC.
    • Right click on DVD drive.
    • Click on Eject to open the drive.
    If this doesn't help, I suggest you to contact Toshiba support for further assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://support.toshiba.com/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Tray App error?

1. Tray App error? - Similar Threads - Tray App error

2. App Disappears from System Tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Disappears from System Tray: The Laptops win 11 are under AD Win Server 2019. Admin credential is needed to execute one executable file and the screen cast application appears in the system tray of the laptop. The application disappears once the laptop Win 11 is rebooted. Again admin credential is needed...
  3. App Disappears from System Tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App Disappears from System Tray: The Laptops win 11 are under AD Win Server 2019. Admin credential is needed to execute one executable file and the screen cast application appears in the system tray of the laptop. The application disappears once the laptop Win 11 is rebooted. Again admin credential is needed...
  4. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  5. system tray app dysfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system tray app dysfunction: I clicked on my Amazon icon in the system tray which awlays takes me to the website and what opened up is in the image i inserted.How do i get that to stop and that's never happened before. And there is a tab open in upper left hand corner that says Apps with a color grid....
  6. How to add the Mail App to Tray Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add the Mail App to Tray Icons: Hello guys! Is there anyway I can run the app and not see it in task bar? I was hoping that I can move the app to the tray icons but I didn't find any good information in the web.. Thank you!...
  7. Tray App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tray App in Windows 10: Good Morning, Whenever I restart my computer after an update, the Microsoft Installer keeps trying to run the Tray App but cannot find it on the server. I cannot shut it down or cancel it. This question was asked previously on these means but was dated 2009, what is the...
  8. System tray apps

System tray apps: Does the inclusion of an app in the system tray affect the amount of usable RAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-tray-apps/cc98dce4-a625-4e95-87c6-364c23a3726b
  9. Apps in system tray not launching

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps in system tray not launching: I have an Acer Predator laptop model PH315-51 running Windows 10 64-bit (1903). Please bear with me as I explain the background. I'm not sure when this problem started happening, but it could well be early August - because that's when a Windows update broke my Train...
  10. OneDrive System Tray App Resolution

OneDrive System Tray App Resolution: I have a 4K display. The OneDrive app that runs in my System Tray used to display appropriately when opened. Recently, I had to step down my resolution to 1920 x 1080 to record my screen, and maintain a reasonable file size and more practical resolution. When I reverted back...