Windows 10: Tray App in Windows 10

Discus and support Tray App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Morning, Whenever I restart my computer after an update, the Microsoft Installer keeps trying to run the Tray App but cannot find it on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BernardDeGagne, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Tray App in Windows 10

Good Morning,

Whenever I restart my computer after an update, the Microsoft Installer keeps trying to run the Tray App but cannot find it on the server. I cannot shut it down or cancel it. This question was asked previously on these means but was dated 2009, what is the process to correct his irritant with Windows 10?

Working safely from home.

Bernard DeGagne

613 217 4826

:)

BernardDeGagne, Apr 23, 2020
  2. skytrails Win User

desktop agent tray error message in windows 10

I tried the following suggestion. When I got to step 4, the list provided no checkmarks to uncheck and the icon for Desktop Agent Tray was a checkmark in a yellow circle. nothing happened when I clicked on the yellow circle with the checkmark. the title
    on the list was Desktop Agent Tray(2) Clicking on the title opened a title beneath the Desktop Agent Tray (2) which did not have the (2)

the publisher of both titles was CenturyLink Inc and the status for the entry with the (2) was enabled and the status of the other entry was blank. Changing the status to disabled did nothing. the Start up impact was listed as high. There was another
    entry under the two Desktop Agent Tray titles There was an icon then Dw20 with a high start up impact. No where was there a place to uncheck or delete. So far the box which lists the error disappears and there seems to be no problem. I just wonder why
    it is there,

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

Desktop Tray Agent is a program used by Qwest to update their installer when setting up DSL (Digital Subscribers Line) based connections to computers. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check for the status:

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig.
    • Go to Startup tab.
    • Click on Open Task Manager.
    • Uncheck Desktop Agent Tray from the list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

skytrails, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Tray App in Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Tray App in Windows 10

1. Tray App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Tray App

2. Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?: Hello,Windows 11 user, latest updates/versions installed but this has been happening for the entire time I've had Windows 11. Under Personalization > Taskbar in the settings menu, there's the section for "Other system tray icons" which lets you pick which icons you want...
  3. Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anytime an App Updates, it then Hides Itself in the System Tray. How do I stop this?: Hello,Windows 11 user, latest updates/versions installed but this has been happening for the entire time I've had Windows 11. Under Personalization > Taskbar in the settings menu, there's the section for "Other system tray icons" which lets you pick which icons you want...
  4. Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days: I have several self-developed apps which would display their own icon in the Win10 system tray. Initially, those icons were displayed well, and be able to respond to mouse clicks. But after a few days running, random some of those icons not all of them became blank spaces,...
  5. Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days

Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days: I have several self-developed apps which would display their own icon in the Win10 system tray. Initially, those icons were displayed well, and be able to respond to mouse clicks. But after a few days running, random some of those icons not all of them became blank spaces,...
  6. Why my app's icon on system tray turns blank after a few days

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. App Disappears from System Tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App Disappears from System Tray: The Laptops win 11 are under AD Win Server 2019. Admin credential is needed to execute one executable file and the screen cast application appears in the system tray of the laptop. The application disappears once the laptop Win 11 is rebooted. Again admin credential is needed...
  8. App Disappears from System Tray

App Disappears from System Tray: The Laptops win 11 are under AD Win Server 2019. Admin credential is needed to execute one executable file and the screen cast application appears in the system tray of the laptop. The application disappears once the laptop Win 11 is rebooted. Again admin credential is needed...
  9. What does it mean when windows security app tray has recommended actions and there are no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does it mean when windows security app tray has recommended actions and there are no...: I've already checked Windows Security and searched app & browser control and turned all settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-when-windows-security-app-tray/7a3555dc-756b-46d4-a78d-3579ebd0e3e6
  10. What does it mean when windows security app tray has recommended actions and there are no...

What does it mean when windows security app tray has recommended actions and there are no...: I've already checked Windows Security and searched app & browser control and turned all settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-when-windows-security-app-tray/7a3555dc-756b-46d4-a78d-3579ebd0e3e6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cd try