Windows 10: Tray Icon link for shortcut

Discus and support Tray Icon link for shortcut in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, everyone This little one want to ask some weird questions. Just as the thread say, yes i know it's weird to have this question, but i really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PinDev, Sep 3, 2016.

1. PinDev Win User

Tray Icon link for shortcut

Hi, everyone

This little one want to ask some weird questions.

Just as the thread say, yes i know it's weird to have this question, but i really need it

so for anyone who know what the link of all of this tray icon list

-battery
    -wifi
    -sound
    -date
    -notification

please if you know kindly answer it

i need it because i want to replace Windows 10 tray icon with mine, well to be exact just overlay on top of it,

Thanks in Advance

Edit:
    this what i use to Access wifi in Windows 7

Code: C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{38A98528-6CBF-4CA9-8DC0-B1E1D10F7B1B}[/quote]

:)

PinDev, Sep 3, 2016

2. Quick access tray

I've hotspot option and it is working.All I want is how to create a shortcut for hotspot icon on quick access tray or on wifi tray as showed in the above picture

gowthamchowdary7, Sep 3, 2016
  3. Shortcut to disabled Local Area Connection can't re-enable it

I'm running the fall update to the Anniversary release of Win 10. I go into Network & Sharing Center and open Change Adapter Settings and can pull up its context menu to Disable | Enable the connection there fine, the former putting a red
    X overlay on the tray's Internet Access icon, but if I then drag the network connectoid to the desktop to create a shortcut to it, so I can right-click on that to select Disable | Enable the connection from the DT, the former again works fine,
    putting a red X overlay on the tray's Internet Access icon, but there's no Enable on the right-click context menu of the desktop icon to click. Win 7 provides that.

One has to open the source from which the shortcut was created to re-enable the connection. Enabling from the shortcut also used to work on Win 7 SP1. Apparently, when drag-creating a shortcut from Change Adapter Settings, its Enable attribute isn't carried
    along to the shortcut.

Helge Skjeveland, Sep 3, 2016
  4. Tray Icon link for shortcut

Tray Icons are only stored in files for non-windows applications. Built in applications would be stored either in a DLL or in the actual Explorer Binary.

Use Microsoft Process Monitor to track Explorer, then close and restart it, pull your battery out and plug it back in about 10 seconds after it's already loaded. If the battery icon and all it's animations are loaded into memory with Explorer (likely) and are separate, you'll see the file being accessed as Explorer starts. If the files are loaded when requested by the system, you'll see the icon file pop up as you change battery state. If the file is buried inside Explorer or a DLL you will need a resource editor like ResEdit to get at it.

If it's encrypted (likely as the lack of google hits indicates) then you will need a Microsoft buddy. *chuckle

StarEmpire, Sep 3, 2016
  5. PinDev Win User
    Well thanks for the answer but it's unlikely i'll get the link

back in window 7 i use this link to open wifi

Code: C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\::{38A98528-6CBF-4CA9-8DC0-B1E1D10F7B1B}[/quote]

PinDev, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tray Icon link for shortcut

1. Tray Icon link for shortcut - Similar Threads - Tray Icon link

2. Icons in tray are not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in tray are not functioning: All icons in my right side corner are not working. I cant turn on my WIFI or adjust sound in that corner and the time and date as well are not moving at all. I restarted and rest my PC multiple times and still not moving. I even tried to install updates in the system. Help...
  3. Icons in tray are not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in tray are not functioning: All icons in my right side corner are not working. I cant turn on my WIFI or adjust sound in that corner and the time and date as well are not moving at all. I restarted and rest my PC multiple times and still not moving. I even tried to install updates in the system. Help...
  4. Tray icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tray icon size: Hello, since I reinstalled my computer with win10 21H2, the display of icons in the system tray has become very small. Compared to the large icons in the task bar, they are at most a quarter of their size. Previously, their size was about half of those in the Task Bar. What...
  5. Change Tray Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Tray Icons: [ATTACH] It's possible to change the software Tray Icons? Some of them are ugly and others look blurry. Regards! https://preview.redd.it/4ybqn4mgmix31.png?width=378&format=png&auto=webp&s=b1db91899cffe2c2c59bf0076f18d02158db60a3 submitted by /u/Sansagi [link]...
  6. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  7. MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?: Downloaded the Sticky Notes App from the MS store, installed it, and it's not the traditional .exe app, but something new. Found instructions to create a shortcut through Windows Explorer, but because of this it slows the activation. Also, I would prefer it to be in the...
  8. MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Sticky Notes' shortcut, and system tray icon installation?: Downloaded the Sticky Notes App from the MS store, installed it, and it's not the traditional .exe app, but something new. Found instructions to create a shortcut through Windows Explorer, but because of this it slows the activation. Also, I would prefer it to be in the...
  9. Icon missing in tray

Icon missing in tray: My One drive icon keep disappearing from the icon tray, I have a method to restore it. But then it kept on missing when i restart my laptop or when I switch the laptop back on. I believe I have followed all the guidance on keeping it permanent, but it doesn't work at all...
  10. Mystery tray icon...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery tray icon...: I have noticed a tray icon that I don't recognise. If I hover over it there is no information and if I click it nothing (appears) to happen. There is no right-click menu for it either. How can I identify it and deal with it? 120720