Windows 10: Tremors cause accidental double clicks and double letters.

Discus and support Tremors cause accidental double clicks and double letters. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My hands shake. So, when I click on something, I often get an undesired double click and often accidentally double letters when I'm typing. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Newmaven, Sep 13, 2019 at 10:42 AM.

1. Newmaven Win User

Tremors cause accidental double clicks and double letters.

My hands shake. So, when I click on something, I often get an undesired double click and often accidentally double letters when I'm typing. Is there a way to slow my PC's response to clicks and keystrokes by A VERY SMALL AMOUNT so as to ignore the second impulse?

I found a way to under Control Panel to add delay, but the shortest delay I can find there is way to long for normal fast typing--I have to pause between correctly repeated letters.

:)

2. Single click or Double click - more productive ?

I use double to prevent accidental clicks

3. Caring1 Win User
    Single click or Double click - more productive ?

I prefer the double click, it prevents accidental opening.

4. P4-630 Win User

Single-click or double-click?

As the title says, do you single-click or double-click on your shortcuts to open your apps?

I'm a fan of single-click, the only downside is that often when I click on a message in de list of my mails in Outlook it can open the mail in a window...
    Not always but besides that, single-click works best for me.

Thema:

1. Tremors cause accidental double clicks and double letters. - Similar Threads - Tremors cause accidental

2. double click in file manager causes a delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    double click in file manager causes a delete: a couple of weeks ago (double click = delete) started I have replaced disk, OS, keyboard, mouse, wireless receiver Updated drivers, locked out touch pad. What is going on?...
  3. Issue with double click and drag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with double click and drag: Hi, I just bought surface laptop 2 and its working alright however, there is a small issue with double click and drag. whenever i try to double click and drag any folder or when i try to select font it doesn't work. could you please suggest me if there is any technical or...
  4. Weak Left Double Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weak Left Double Click: Single left clicks seem to work fine, but when I double click something, I usually have to double click something several times to highlight or open something. Can anyone help?...
  5. double clicking on a file in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    double clicking on a file in file explorer: when I double click on a file in file explorer the file comes up and so does a blank file in Word. How can I stop the empty file from coming up?...
  6. Mouse double clicking

Mouse double clicking: I'm having problem with my mouse on this specific day, it keeps on double clicking even though I only clicked it once. This is a problem as it sometimes release what I'm holding which has negative effects for me to play, work, etc. I'm using a HID compliant mouse....
  7. Mouse fast double click

Mouse fast double click: I have a problem where the mouse register a double click even when i click one time only. Tried to check if mouse broken but its not.. because this issue didn't occur on window 7 and ubuntu os laptop. It only happen on window 10. I have try to reinstall the driver as well...
  8. Mouse:need double click to click one time

Mouse:need double click to click one time: Hi I am kim. My mouse is broken this few days and I need to click twice to count at one time, can you help me to solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouseneed-double-click-to-click-one-time/cf5d73b4-ebae-410c-b562-0edcfb3bd35c
  9. Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse randomly double-clicking on single click: Hi there. I have a generic logitech mouse and since I moved to Windows 10, it's been behaving really weirdly. I am not sure if its the issue with the mouse or is it due to something on Windows 10. When I click on an icon on the desktop with a single click, it sometimes...
  10. Can Windows 10 cause English letters to type double

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Windows 10 cause English letters to type double: Hi P10, Thank you for your welcome. Yes, they replaced the keyboard, the motherboard, the screen, the whole commputer, but still the samme problem. Have to wait and see whhat will happen.