Windows 10: Trending now in search bar

Discus and support Trending now in search bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I do not want to see the ads and events and woke non-sense popping up on my desktop. I am running a business and I do not appreciate the distractions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shawn Halloran, May 23, 2022.

1. Trending now in search bar

I do not want to see the ads and events and woke non-sense popping up on my desktop. I am running a business and I do not appreciate the distractions. When is Microsoft going to fix this problem and allow it customers to decide what is happening on their own desktops with a simple toggle?

:)

Shawn Halloran, May 23, 2022

2. Trend Micro

Windows 10 will not upgrade to the latest because it says that Trend Micro Internet Security 2009 is installed.
    I have searched for any file with "Trend*.* in the file name anywhere on C drive.
    I then searched the registry for the same. Having failed to find anything so far, I then searched the entire registry with no luck.
    I then searched INSIDE of all files on the C drive and failed to find anything.
    I have also used the removal tools provided by Trend on their website such as:

• Ti_120_win_en_Tool_TMRemnantFileRemoveTool_hfb001.exe
    and

• Ti_120_win_en_Tool_UninstallTool_hfb0001.exe

None of the above has solved my problem. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advanced.

DoctorX_256, May 23, 2022
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 23, 2022
  4. fussybob Win User

Trending now in search bar

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Trending now in search bar

1. Trending now in search bar - Similar Threads - Trending search bar

2. is this normal in the search bar now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is this normal in the search bar now?: I was opened my windows 11 laptop and notice that it has been the B mark rather then a imiageIs this now normal for all windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-normal-in-the-search-bar-now/c1b09879-1d82-4064-bbc1-680c0e005dc1
  3. is this normal in the search bar now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is this normal in the search bar now?: I was opened my windows 11 laptop and notice that it has been the B mark rather then a imiageIs this now normal for all windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-normal-in-the-search-bar-now/c1b09879-1d82-4064-bbc1-680c0e005dc1
  4. How to hide 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in search window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in search window: Hello everyoneCan anyone tell me how to remove the 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in the search window, example is included in image. I want to keep my recent searches but remove the other things like I said , which can be seen on the right....
  5. How to hide 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in search window

How to hide 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in search window: Hello everyoneCan anyone tell me how to remove the 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in the search window, example is included in image. I want to keep my recent searches but remove the other things like I said , which can be seen on the right....
  6. How to hide 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in search window

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to hide 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in search window

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to hide 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in search window

9. How to hide 'Trending videos from the web' and 'trending searches' in search window

in Cortana
  10. Trending now in search bar

Trending now in search bar: I do not want to see the ads and events and woke non-sense popping up on my desktop. I am running a business and I do not appreciate the distractions. When is Microsoft going to fix this problem and allow it customers to decide what is happening on their own desktops with a...