Windows 10: Trick Windows into thinking only 1 display is connected

Discus and support Trick Windows into thinking only 1 display is connected in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I am trying to hook up an external monitor to my laptop. I want to make Windows think there is only 1 monitor ti display to. Instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jmgibson07, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Trick Windows into thinking only 1 display is connected

Trick Windows into thinking only 1 display is connected V4lrfcpMMgl99IaZWrO9sx_ervqWn2VOGKf29dH9o-k.jpg

I am trying to hook up an external monitor to my laptop. I want to make Windows think there is only 1 monitor ti display to. Instead of looking like this when another display is connected to my laptop (picture 1), I would like it to look like it does normally (picture 2). Is there a way to trick Windows into thinking there is only 1 display instead of 2? For the second display, I just want to mirror my screen from the first display.

Picture 1

Picture 2

submitted by /u/jmgibson07
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jmgibson07, Apr 19, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • Trick Windows into thinking only 1 display is connected [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Carlo Fer Win User
    Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Trick Windows into thinking only 1 display is connected

My displays are glitched (I think).

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Where exactly do you see the monitor being picked up twice?
    • Are the both display devices connected to the NVidia graphics card?

Since the drivers are installed for both integrated and dedicated graphics cards, none of the display devices should be using Microsoft basic display adaptor.

I request you to post the screenshot of the display settings window (Settings->System->Display) in reply to this post. Please ensure that the screenshot does not contain any personal information like your email address, phone number etc.

How to include a screenshot in your post

Meanwhile, I would suggest to check and remove if there are any hidden drivers installed for graphics adapters. Please follow the steps given below.

• Right click on Start (Windows logo) and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View menu item and select
      Show hidden items
    • Expand Display adapters and remove the devices which are greyed out by right clicking on the device and selecting
      Uninstall.
    • Reboot the computer and check if the issue is fixed.

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

We look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Trick Windows into thinking only 1 display is connected

1. Trick Windows into thinking only 1 display is connected - Similar Threads - Trick thinking display

2. Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop 1 connection only ? Solved: Hello everyone,I have some trouble with the remote desktop connection tool on the same network. I am trying to connect from a mac using microsoft remote desktop to my windows 10 pro pc, the first connection is succesful but when I disconnect I am unable to reconnect. The only...
  3. How do i trick apps into thinking they are not minimized?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i trick apps into thinking they are not minimized?: I need to run this one app which requiers me to be constantly looking at it and whenever i minimize it or i click away it stops working. How do i trick it into working in the background? submitted by /u/ni406nja [link] [comments]...
  4. "Display only on 1" in Registry

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Display only on 1" in Registry: Hello ! By default Windows 10 display is set to "Duplicate display" but I would like it's set to "Display only on 1" at startup. Does anyone know the key corresponding in Registry? 172681
  5. "Display only on 1" in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    "Display only on 1" in Registry: Hello ! By default Windows 10 display is set to "Duplicate display" but I would like it's set to "Display only on 1" at startup. Does anyone know the key corresponding in Registry? 172681
  6. Windows thinks my Display 2 is Display 1, how to fix?

Windows thinks my Display 2 is Display 1, how to fix?: My graphics card has clearly labeled DP outputs, Display 1, 2, 3 (HDMI), & 4. Whichever monitor gets plugged into Display 1, that's the monitor the mobo text shows up on, bios uses, etc. It's my center monitor, and Display 2 is off to the side. However, Windows identifies...
  7. "Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does?

"Duplicate these display" doesn't work but "Display only on 1/2" does?: I would like to mirror my pc to my tv using a hdmi. But when i select the option "Duplicate these display" in the display setting i get the pc screen flash with the message asking if i want to keep the changes and my tv emit a crackle sound. But my tv screen stays on No...
  8. trick windows into thinking its running on battery power?

trick windows into thinking its running on battery power?: I have laptop and when it gets warm (57c+) the fans enter an RPM range that creates a very audible high pitched whine. This draws some attention when in class or at the library. I've discovered that the GPU sits around 45-50c under normal everyday use and it's the CPU temps...
  9. Trick windows so it think there is a hardware keyboard plugged?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trick windows so it think there is a hardware keyboard plugged?: Hello, i got a W10 tablet and want to play some old games on it. Problem is that when i don't have its keyboard docked (which weights a tons = i don't carry it), most games fail to start. Also when i have keyboard docked, i can't run the game how i want (fullscreen mode...
  10. Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Only 1 of 5 systems display in NETWORK...?: Hello, We have 5 Win10 systems on our office network all are V.1803 Build 17134.112, and all have shared resources. If, I click on NETWORK on one of the systems, only one other system displays. But, if I enter any of the 4 other systems by name on the address line, all of...